LegacyGT.com

Finally Stage 2

So im waiting for my car to get done at Pacific Import Auto out here in Tacoma WA. I finally im going stage 2 in my 5eat. New custom vf40 turbo from JMP, Cobb DP, GS UP, Bullet proof kit, Mishimoto Inlet, Cobb SF Intake. Im so excited. I think im going to stay at stage 2 for the life of my engine. As this is my only car and my DD. I will make sure and update once my turbo has been broken in. Thanks for all the help and support here.

OTS cobb for now. Will be getting a dyno tune in a few months.

Id go easy on it till you do get a new tune. But great build dude.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

OTS cobb for now. Will be getting a dyno tune in a few months.

You really should send an email to bren tuning or Cryotune and have them etune it for you right when you get it back. The $150 will be night and day over the Cobb map and you will be able to take full advantage of stage 2!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

So i seem to be getting different answers from different people. I would like some clarification. So im most likely staying on stage 2 with no further upgrades maybe and exhaust somewhere down the line. I want a reliable car as its my DD and something thats good on the engine. So some are saying stay on cobb ots for engines sake. And others are saying get a tune as they can dial in on all of the components. Would like to your opinion and experiences. Thanks

A custom tune is far better then the cobb ots.

You don't need to dyno the car unless the Tuner recommends it. He dynoed my wagon back in 2011, all the other tunes have just been street tunes.

That cobb tune is not going to give you what you paid for in the custom vf40. Thinking more about it, you might be on the lean side with the cobb ots.

Ask your tuner or ask mine, www.tuningalliance.com

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I purchased my car stage 2 with 53k miles and got an accessport and Etune from Brentuning the next week. I now have 117k miles and my car still runs perfect and burns no oil running motul. The etune was night and day over the Cobb map and worth every penny of the $150

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Yep but safely. I hit 18psi after the etune, before on the Cobb I was hitting around 15 I believe. Also the jmp turbos are built better and can see up to 20 psi if I remember correctly. I still have stock turbo so maybe someone with the upgraded one you have can chime in and give you a more accurate number

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Yep but safely. I hit 18psi after the etune, before on the Cobb I was hitting around 15 I believe. Also the jmp turbos are built better and can see up to 20 psi if I remember correctly. I still have stock turbo so maybe someone with the upgraded one you have can chime in and give you a more accurate number

I thought cobb ots stg 2 was 16 psi....

I thought cobb ots stg 2 was 16 psi....

That's possible I can't really remember honestly it's been 2 years since I've had this tune. Either way you will be much happier with an etune over the Cobb OTS everyone would agree with that especially with the upgraded turbo :)

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

I think I read the cobb stage 2 tune is 16 psi and that's what I'm hitting with almost the same set up.

I run 15.5-16 on my lightly tweaked chinacharged stage 1, car doesn't ping and it generally runs great. I'm probably destroying at least one catalytic converter in the process. Don't emulate me, but my datalogs seem to show a happy engine.

Returning to sanity once it warms up with a rebuilt vf40 or 46 and stage bro e-tune.

It also doesn't seem to burn much/any Rotella T6 5W-40.

Honestly , id suggest getting a etune rather then a dyno tune for the mods you have. It'll be way cheaper. You'll probably be tune to like 17-18 psi but the tune will be custom to your car so you can it your way.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

So im waiting for my car to get done at Pacific Import Auto out here in Tacoma WA. I finally im going stage 2 in my 5eat. New custom vf40 turbo from JMP, Cobb DP, GS UP, Bullet proof kit, Mishimoto Inlet, Cobb SF Intake. Im so excited. I think im going to stay at stage 2 for the life of my engine. As this is my only car and my DD. I will make sure and update once my turbo has been broken in. Thanks for all the help and support here.

i have a 2007 gt 5eat dyno tuned from PIA.

17psi = 360 peak tq down to 285awtq and 252awhp at 6200 rpm. had 255awhp but they said i would need an exhaust to get more power. yes, i have parts for more psi but they dialed it back for the 5eat. ive hit 17psi in first gear as well.

i used a cobb dp, avo air filter, avo IC.

dont take the cheap way out. get the dyno tune. for the cheap way you will need to find a stretch of road. ride to 100. several times. mail it in. adjust. repeat.

on the dyno its a few hours and i didnt need to go back. dunno about you but i didnt have to worry about police patrolling the dyno either.

its a peace of mind and a one time shot to do it on their dyno.

i had an aggressive ots map but went from 18 psi from ots to 17psi on dyno. got me 50 more lb-ft and 16 more hp. pulls to redline. they also programmed my si drive to 11, 14, 17 psi.

Archived