LegacyGT.com

LV Comparo: cold weather vs warm weather?

Code

I'm not sure what is going on with my GT. Last winter I saw some crazy drops in IAM during the coldest times. I dont drive the car much duing that time of year, so come mid april I pulled another LV and it was all clear. Over the course of the summer I checked it here and there with all of the LV showing no knock or drop in IAM

Fast forward to today, outside temp was cold for the past few days. Posted are two screen shots. One from September, when it was still warm, and one from this afternoon. Any insight is greatly appreciated. I will pull logs if you guys think it will help.

2009 LGT stage2

Stock Intake, Factory UP, Cobb Down, RacerX Fmic, Cobb XLE BOV, Factory BCS w/ smaller pill, etuned by Shamar in June/July 2010

Thanks for looking

169122520_LearningView_SS_9-26-201394425PM.jpg.3b484607902c455ac7d98dae9be64574.jpg

102424550_LearningView_SS_11-20-2013102102AM.jpg.2c2c9b611872a4670b33ad0a92d6e413.jpg

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Reset, get your IAM up to 1, log all of your drives until we catch the knock events. You can (should) drive it normally, like you have always been driving it. Do pulls if you have time, or not. It doesn't really matter.

The goal is to catch the knock events as they happen, and especially the IAM drop.

If I had to make a guess though I suspect a small vacuum leak that may be leaking more in cold weather from the hoses hardening. Trim B is adding fuel which would support this theory, while Trim C and D indicate boost may be leaking out, which also supports this. However, Trim A looks perfectly normal, so go figure.

• 3 weeks later...

It could be my Cobb XLE BOV. I found a little bit of oily residue around the VTA block off plate.

I will contact Cobb for a rebuild kit.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Archived