LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Dropping this here in case anyone hasn't yet seen it. He doesn't cover the all important 4th gen all too much but hey at least the Legacy is getting some respect

That's LatentWagon at 13:51!

I wonder how that guy is doing...

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

My 2 favorite lines in that wagon ad

"I am the second owner of the car, my ONLY reason for selling is it is an extra vehicle that I do not use much anymore."

Then a few lines down

"163,XXX miles and will go up as it is daily driven"

HUH????

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

Finally got lazy enough/brave enough to use a bristle disk to clean up a gasket surface instead of using a plastic razor blade. Waaaaay faster, though it does take a bit of finesse. Also removed 172k miles worth of buildup from piston faces. Judging by the look of my last Kleenex, most of it is now securely stored inside my sinus cavity.

IMG_20200419_140536_copy_2000x1500.thumb.jpg.71d3b957c8f84265a0e447abc62aacef.jpg

Filled it with e85 and planning on running it all the way til october especially at 2 bucks a gallon. Smiles are priceless with empty roads

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This has been my last two weeks. Can't get out and do anything really so just... driving.

No ethanol, but agreed. Cheap gas, and roads are wiiiide open. Keeping it safe, but definitely stretching out frequently.

Replaced my passenger headlight today. Hadn't taken a bumper off in a min and destroyed my knuckles, but laughed at how easy it is once you get the hang of it. Replaced power steering belt too. Looked everywhere for issues I was having, except the actual belt and I'm glad I did. All's good now.

Replaced the exhaust on my dad's '13 Outback. Rusted through at the muffler and flanges, which is concerning in my opinion. Got him a Bosal midpipe and Walker muffler, easy job.

So legacy #3 made it home last night unscathed and the tow truck driver dropped the flatbed right on to the edge of my garage so it just rolled off and in. P.O. even covered the 1.5 hour tow to my house! Big thanks to @tysparks81 for the help last night. The battery was completely flat so onto the charger it went. I cleaned out the car of TONS of garbage and crap the guy left in it. Including 3 pairs of shorts... EW

Positive news I ended up with bunch of extra sockets, a few bucks in change, a new grinding wheel disc, a 12' circular saw blade and a 25' stanley measuring tape. Not bad!

I decided to get tysparks to check the oil, none... so we added oil in it and prayed...

Fast forward to this morning, well the oil is still in the engine, so I might as well give it a crank and see what happens. It's knocking like an angry portugese mom trying to get in the front door of a locked house. It's shut down right away, oh well part out it is.

I'll make money parting it out, for $650 I got a 2007 Legacy 2.5i premium, that I can take a bunch of the parts as backups for the spec b (both DGM) and this has much less rust on the doors than the B. It has 18" Enkei EKM3 wheels with good Kumho tires, cleared headlights with HID's badly installed, somewhat nicely tinted tail lights, and what looks like a good set of Alpine speakers installed. Apparently the clutch was just done too. So I may pull the tranny and see what that looks like and sell each of them off too.

The adventure starts tomorrow, what else is "quarantine" good for anyways!

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

Got the wagon in its new garage. New house has tons of projects, cars have tons of projects. Plenty to do! Ill get around to the new coilovers for the wagon someday.

Figuring out setup with so much room to play. Tools and rest of our stuff comes Wednesday. 4 post lift when quarantine ends.

49796563267_93f63f2dfb_c.jpg

49796239916_1594a968f6_c.jpg

Straighten my steering wheel which was pointing slightly to the left after the alignment.

Drained the Mobil 1 Delvac from the transmission after trying it for a thousand miles and swapped it for Motul 300. The transmission drain plug stripped (of course) but I was prepared already with a brand new one in hand.

For those interested, I had no issues with the Mobil 1 Delvac. In fact in the thousand miles I had it a noticeable difference was felt when shifting from 4th to 5th when boosting anything over 14 psi or so. To clarify I didn't have a grind per say but I could feel the synchro needed a little longer to catch if that makes sense.

Let's see what a 1,000 miles on Motul feels like. As of my short drive to work today (14 Miles) I'd argue that Mobil 1 Delvac is most definitely a viable option. Specially considering the price difference. In fact I left the Delvac in my rear diff alone.

Got the wagon in its new garage. New house has tons of projects, cars have tons of projects. Plenty to do! Ill get around to the new coilovers for the wagon someday.

Figuring out setup with so much room to play. Tools and rest of our stuff comes Wednesday. 4 post lift when quarantine ends.

Congrats! What are you going to do with the floor for coating, if anything? What lift make/model do you have in mind?

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Is that a GT-Four?

Congrats! What are you going to do with the floor for coating, if anything? What lift make/model do you have in mind?

I was thinking of doing one of the home kits but was told by friends with nicer garages to have it done professionally. So another contractor to look at after quarantine. As for the lift, leaning towards the direct lift propack 8000lb.

And yes Famaya, it is a 1994 JDM ST205 Celica GT4. AWD, 2.0ltr turbo, with a five speed rated at 250hp from the factory. It’s a blast to drive and RallyX.

Edited by Gex

I was thinking of doing one of the home kits but was told by friends with nicer garages to have it done professionally. So another contractor to look at after quarantine. As for the lift, leaning towards the direct lift propack 8000lb.

And yes Famaya, it is a 1994 JDM ST205 Celica GT4. AWD, 2.0ltr turbo, with a five speed rated at 250hp from the factory. It’s a blast to drive and RallyX.

Im so jelly, one of my favorite cars. Congrats man. you have a nice collection :)

When you do have it done, do you mind sharing what materials/methods the contractor used? I have heard too that it's best to go with someone doing this professionally. At the same time couple guys at work were happy with the results they had with some Lowe's kits.

I am on hold with any car projects for now, priorities. But planning for the future.

Via an accident (flipped a full paint tray), I discovered Behr's primer works pretty good. It's useless when its get wet. However its held up surprisingly well for $50/1500sf.

I looked into epoxy professionally applied, which involves a thorough cleaning, etching and application. Plus it came with a warranty. Quote was $7000/1500sf.

griots/home depot/rustoleum/etc diy solutions require thorough cleaning and etching before painting. This seemed to be the key for good adhesion. Any oil or gas left on the floor will ruin the finish.

A white floor really makes the space brighter as well as making almost all parts instantly visible when the land on the floor.

While fixing my sticking rear hatch opening handle I broke side tabs of that plastic garnish. Nuts on the inside rusted badly. Fixed the sticking handle though and the broken tabs are not visible so overall it's good.

Time to shop for a JDM piece...

Edited by SubOperator

While fixing my sticking rear hatch opening handle I broke side tabs of that plastic garnish. Nuts on the inside rusted badly. Fixed the sticking handle though and the broken tabs are not visible so overall it's good.

Time to shop for a JDM piece...

Say no more!

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/mi-wagon-hatch-garnish-jdm-282515.html?t=282515

MILKRUN  - Click Here