LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

The nameless stuff is a bit to raspy for my ears.

I still get a hard on with my invidia catless split to Perrin cans on my 5thgen. More sporty of a sound.

Then again reason why I prefer the sportier tone is due to being spoiled with a stromung on my 3rd gen. Very "Porsche"esk you might say.

Also had a Borla hush on my other wagon. Loved the Borla. Just seems that nameless and some of the invidia stuff is just a bit off to my ears. Not a pure sound to me.

Meanwhie outback news today...

Confirmed that my brakes are going bye bye. 2-3mm in the rears. Going to go ahead and do everything for the 250$, price so thank you again for the recommendations.

Oil change done today, and installed my rest hitch finally.

Road tripping to Salt lake in the morning, March Madness tourney games to watch. Hopefully tow home a boat if the deal goes through.

3rd year in a row I've been able to watch the 1st round. I'd suggest going if you're close, it's an awesome experience for collegiate sports.GO ZAGS!

Wheels came in last night. They sent the wrong size hub rings though. :spin: Correct ones are supposed to be rushed shipped to me by Fri.

Now I really need some tires! Looking at Falken Ziex ZE950s. Anyone running these? Tire recommendations appreciated.

Gold standard for all season seems to be DWS-06. They aren't $70 a tire though.

That’s not surprising. Continental makes great tires. Plus, and I do have PureContact LS’s in OE size on the Outback now. They were worth the money. Was really hoping to not spend more on tires than I did on wheels, but here we are.

Time to find out if my company offers any affiliate discounts.

Keep in mind most important thing between you and the road is your tires. Sometimes that extra 20-50$ per corner makes a big difference in longevity and quality/performance.

Not sure if you're sticking towards all seasons, however the Cooper rs3/g1... Continental true contact...good year comp2 a/s are all good picks. The last one is right there for popularity against the dws

yeah, so my turn signal module is dying. sometimes it clicks away at a light as it should, sometimes it just freezes on. when it first started happening, i thought i was going a little crazy and just imagining that it was skipping a beat from time to time!

at least it's only $10-ish, but a pain that it only lasted 2 years...

Edited by Flinkly
* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

yeah, so my turn signal module is dying. sometimes it clicks away at a light as it should, sometimes it just freezes on. when it first started happening, i thought i was going a little crazy and just imagining that it was skipping a beat from time to time!

at least it's only $10-ish, but a pain that it only lasted 2 years...

aftermarket module?

aftermarket module?

i guess i left that tidbit out! it's a diode dynamics LED flasher module, aftermarket. replaced all my running lights with LED, mostly Sylvania ZEVO's, so had to get an aftermarket flasher to rid myself of the hyperflash.

turns out they have a 3 year warranty, so i started that with them, except their out of stock for 4-8 weeks...

makes it hard to signal when your blinkers won't blink though. :spin:

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Keep in mind most important thing between you and the road is your tires. Sometimes that extra 20-50$ per corner makes a big difference in longevity and quality/performance.

10000% this. I just want to make sure I'm getting the most tire for the money.

Not sure if you're sticking towards all seasons, however the Cooper rs3/g1... Continental true contact...good year comp2 a/s are all good picks. The last one is right there for popularity against the dws

I ran Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics A/S on my R53 Mini for a while, they were fine. Can't remember how long they lasted.

Looks like the Goodyears and BFGs are on sale now. Any thoughts on XL vs standard load? Does it matter for our cars?

I'm using Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ right now. I'm really impressed with them. The only thing I don't like is the price.

I usually choose the higher load if given the choice. If you would notice anything, it would be a little stiffer sidewall, but most wouldn't notice.

Edited by lil'redwagon

I'm using Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ right now. I'm really impressed with them. The only thing I don't like is the price.

I usually choose the higher load if given the choice. If you would notice anything, it would be a little stiffer sidewall, but most wouldn't notice.

I have these also. They are great tires, holding up nice, zero issues in snow or rain. Mine were hand me downs from my wife's car when she went to 265s. :lol: But the price from Costco wasn't bad. $200 less than Americas Tire/Discount Tire price, installed.

Thanks for all the tire recommendations, everyone. Going to mull this over for the weekend and decide on Monday.

It’s down to two choices now:

NTB has the BFG Comp 2 a/s on sale right now with the best out the door price, including one year of unlimited alignments. (And I have a box of Whiteline bushings waiting to go in.)

But, Costco is only slightly more for the Michelin Pilot Sport a/s 3+s. Though without an alignment or road hazard.

Collecting parts for the suspension/break update. Staying with KYB GR2, stock height.

Need some more bushings for the rear, but pretty sure all are here or on the way for the front end.

LGT breaks and new OBXT hoses for front and rear.

Was really resisting new wheels knowing the current are physically fine, I'm just tired of the light silver paint. Wish they put the dark silver wheels from the LL Bean on these.

Keep my eye out for some appropriate 18x8 +45 or +48. Would love Gunmetal Raijin, but new they can be on my wish list this summer.

Dig this.

Dirty parking lot cash transaction and a quick flip at my friends shop with lift no more than 2 hours later. Happy camper. It's not loud at all. I can hear the motor now. Will help me keep in the transmission lockup hearing the engine note. Calm at idle, meaty note when getting on it.

Thanks Rhitter!

IMG_2939.jpg.745ace72c527c8a3734dd41d38eb9057.jpg

IMG_2940.jpg.a51ac9d93baac65a075be2c224f7c3fb.jpg

Edited by kzr750r1

Well to be fair. Had to finish the day with email, drop off the kid, clear a path to the lift. Job was 20 min and I reused the mounting HW and gaskets. PB Blaster before I left the house and at the shop for sure helped.

Spent a little time after inspecting what rear bushings need replacement. Talking about wings for the primitive belly pan ect ect.

I have pictures that would make you guys cry.

Literally just surface crust on mid pipe welds, all in good shape. I may even get away with the DP to Mid pipe union HW reuse as well. Aside from replacing the donut.

Shame it's raining this weekend as the lift is on the other side of a mud bog when it rains.

I've had my mufflers off several times recently, so the bolts come off with hand tools, and the hangers aren't glued to the holders. Not that I do it with hand tools when I have my Milwaukee toys to play with. :cool:

And, yeah, I didn't include moving the kids bikes, scooters and PowerWheels to get my jack out. :lol:

Oh, my Mid-Y looks just as rusty and nasty as yours. I keep telling myself I need to spray it with some bbq black. But there's so many other projects...

Edited by rebourne