LegacyGT.com

Stock DP question.

goneskiian

No, I haven't searched on this exactly but I have been reading quite a few existing threads. So, if there is one that answers this question let me know.

Is there a difference between a 5MT and a 5EAT OEM first section of DP? I know there's a difference in the part that contains the second cat, often called the midpipe, but what about the "shorty" first section past the turbo?

Thanks!

The shorty DP of 5MT and 5EAT should be the same.

agreed. it is the other portion that is different.

*edit* next time, I'll read the post!

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Huh?

Hope, you have me confused. I think eqt2010 is saying that they're the same but you say they're different.

How about this, where did you have to put a dent in the MR MT DP you tried to use before having the custom DP fabricated? Was it close to the turbo or close to where it mates with the CBE?

Thanks,

-Ian

Shorty DPs are the same. If you take a look at the description of the aftermarket shorty DPs(e.g. Crucial, Flow, etc.), they fit for both 5EAT and 5MT.

BTW, I just bought a 5MT OEM shorty DP for my 5EAT. I'll be screwed if they are different.

Huh?

Hope, you have me confused. I think eqt2010 is saying that they're the same but you say they're different.

How about this, where did you have to put a dent in the MR MT DP you tried to use before having the custom DP fabricated? Was it close to the turbo or close to where it mates with the CBE?

Thanks,

-Ian

sorry, misread it. shorty DP will work for both cars, it's the second half that is different and the angle is wrong. However, I'm wondering if the 5EAT section will fit on an MT version because it has a wider angle. I don't know.... has anyone tried it?

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived