LegacyGT.com

High Coolant Temp & Head Gaskets

My head gaskets were replaced but coolant temp levels still get 'hot' when you keep WOT it. Can be replicated each time when you bed in the brakes (60mph > 10mph > 60 > 10....) I cant even do 5 without the needle going up

at time of change, looking at radiator and filler - coolant was completely clear not milky - but still bad head gasket

Normal driving and occasional WOT is fine

2 things concern me:

1: How likely can the heads be warped when the needle reached to red and the coolant light came on (briefly, less then 15 seconds at red before started to cool down) ane the needle has reached the big line at least 10x

2: Since my head gaskets were replaced and i drove it around and the temp reached 5 lines below red line (or 2 lines below big line). how likely are my head gaskets still fine after being 5min at this temp. I dont believe it was a whole 5 min but it was up there for a while

note: #1 was before head gasket was replaced

thanks guys

attached is picture of where the needle would be

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt49/underground000/IMG_1653.jpg?t=1338077632

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Check coolant level. May be a air bubble in the system.

Jack up the right front corner of the car, open the cap on the small coolant tank above the turbo. It should be full of coolant. Squeeze the coolant hoses and listen or watch for air bubbles.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived