LegacyGT.com

Logistics Question For Possible 2005 Part Out

Hello all,

So I've had my '05 LGT Limited for many years,

and like most here I've dumped a lot of cash into it,

a few motors, had it trucked down to Florida, etc.

I had purchased a new motor and heads from Subaru,

and 5EAT from IPT and was going to build it up myself in the garage over time, but between the new house and the soon to be wife wanting kids and needing a new DD, I am really considering parting it out here and maybe just buying a used stock Spec B.

I have a lot of nice parts, but something I am worried about, is after

I've stripped all the parts, what can I do with the shell that is left over?

More specifically how would I move or dispose of a stripped body with no wheels or suspension that is left in my garage on jack stands? This is going to be a big factor for me as I live in an HOA and can't have a stripped vehicle in my driveway or yard for any length of time aside from while I'm disposing of it.

Thank you in advance for any ideas.

I haven't done it, but I would imagine you could buy/build four heavy duty wheeled dollies to drop it onto when it's time.

Then have someone come with a trailer and winch/pull it up to haul it to the salvage yard.

That's how I would plan to do it anyway.

I haven't done it, but I would imagine you could buy/build four heavy duty wheeled dollies to drop it onto when it's time.

Then have someone come with a trailer and winch/pull it up to haul it to the salvage yard.

That's how I would plan to do it anyway.

Thank you, I do have four Merrick wheel dollies, I suppose I could lower the entire vehicle frame onto them and push it to the door of the garage and have the tow service back up to the garage. Nice idea!

I guess you can expect a part out thread in the next couple of days gentlemen. It makes me sad, I've put a lot of sweat into this vehicle, but

I think it's time to move on to something more reasonable.

Cut it up in garage and send out in recycling bin?

I guess that's possible too lol...one week at a time :D

In all seriousness though I guess I could cut it up with a saw over time.

But I'm going to call the recycling centers first and see if they will take it whole.

If I do cut it, I'll make sure to take video for you.

Cut it up in garage and send out in recycling bin?

I paid $50 to junkyard to take a parted out car shell. (I think the recycler idea is better than what I did.) I would rather do that than cut up a car to send it through a recycle bin. I sent all the old carpets that were in my fully carpeted house through the trash and it took me about 6 months to do that.

What I have done: When the car is ready to go to the scrapper I take everything but the suspension off of it. We then load it on to the car hauling trailer, jack it up and put it on concrete blocks. Then remove suspension and haul away.

What I have seen others do: Strip everything off of the vehicle and call a local scrapper and offer him the shell for free. The scrapper then takes the car away.

Another thing I have done: I had an Opel GT I needed to store and work on at the same time. I removed everything I needed to work on and put wooden 4x4s under the car and took long 3/4 lag bolts and attached wheelbarrow wheels to the 4x4s and then strapped them in place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Sounds like there are some good options.

I'm going to start stripping it tonight.

There will be some good Spec B, Whiteline, Cusco, Perrin, Rallitek, Nations, and AVO stuff, along with a lot of brand new OEM parts I have stored away and the body \ interior components. See you in the thread to whoever is interested!

The body has a little rust in some areas but is generally in good shape where it counts like the frame and all of the mounting points.

The subframes are in excellent shape, the rear one is new. Externally there were a few places the paint chipped off on the drivers side that had some surface rust, but I nipped that in the ass and sanded them down and primed them.

It's definitely a viable body. I would much rather pass it on to someone if possible,

Archived