LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

How is the NVH with those bushings?

When I did poly bushings in my Lexus IS300 years ago it practically ruined the car.

So far not terrible, its definitely there. I need to get an alignment before I can really comment for sure. But it's like riding on really hard tires. I guess that's the best description. Not as big a difference as the subframe and rear diff bushings, at least to my ears. Maybe someone has the specs for these bushings, but I don't think they are as hard as some others.

Oh and the clunk is still there, next step is sway bar links and bushings. After that, I may remove the top hat spacer and see what that does. I am not overly impressed with the hardware that comes with the adf spacers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just got the car back from the shop. Changed timing belt components, water pump, sti thermostat, mishimoto radiator, turbo coolant lines, all coolant hoses, Mevotech front lcas, Moog fsb end links, rsb endlinks switched out from kartboys to moogs, Stainless steel clutch line, stock wheels since they are completely toasted with my not perfect tsw to hopefully last me until next year. And finished it off with tire balance and alignment.

Still a little shaky due to the TSW's not being in the best of shape but it'll have to do for now.

Here's to hoping for another 100k miles.

Edited by jojorios

When I did my Acura Integra 5 lug conversion it came with ball bearing bushing since It came off from Ben Schaeffer SCAA ITR. My god every bump on the road you can hear it clunk and allot of road noise but other then that I have almost the perfect race suspension that this thing will hug threw the turn and bends with the correct tires. i still need to swap out my Eibach Sportline and Toxico Illumina for complete set of coilovers thinking Tein Flex with FDC box or might say F it and go with Mugen. I also need to beef up my 23mm rear sway bar with a swaybar brace. Edited by amusa

Installed "new" lower control arms with the super pro offset bushings. Tip: with the arm as straight as possible loosely install the rear bushing first, then swing the arm into place and connect everything else.

Order I used: rear bushing->sway bar link->front bushing->ball joint.

If anyone is interested in the old arms I'll send them off super cheap.

6b3c7b26adea9c20b66f25a7749b143c.jpg7e5e970760972d32cffb6aee5dcb2e29.jpg

9c88c2cc8273e42131e80bb967b3f2cd.jpga1ca3bd03c79d20e1328e41d7acb8133.jpg

I'd be interested in those LCAs as long as there are no bends.. need to do the same bushings, and it'd be easier to get the arms ready for install/swap before taking the car out of commission up on the stands :)

Put air in all (4) it was all at 22lbs. Had to fill the tank since my wife drove the Legacy to the reserved fuel (fuel light was on). So funny the other car had to put air in all (4) that was sitting at 25lbs suppose to be (front 30lbs/Rear 35lbs).

Put air in all (4) it was all at 22lbs. Had to fill the tank since my wife drove the Legacy to the reserved fuel (fuel light was on). So funny the other car had to put air in all (4) that was sitting at 25lbs suppose to be (front 30lbs/Rear 35lbs).

Reminds me that I need to get a little air pump that shuts off at whatever pressure you put it at. Especially now that its getting cold and the TPMS light popped up on my already. I hate having to go to a gas station every time I need air.

I was spoiled growing up. My dad had an 80gal upright air compressor in the garage with all the air tools we needed.

Loaded her up on a trailer to ship cross country to its new owner!

Bitter sweet, very bitter sweet.

She's going to a great now home and joining a 5th gen LGT, 4th gen OB (Safari/Surfer mode), and a boosted BRZ.

That and she'll live near Joe and Fred's stomping grounds now. Win win.

20181031_180948.thumb.jpg.05f79dc978b021e81a921559468181ba.jpg

20181031_180936.thumb.jpg.4abe7186c052dacdb326420fab7bc51d.jpg

20181031_182825.thumb.jpg.4c9c324f182c05c1e18addd7fcf14dd0.jpg

20181031_185208.thumb.jpg.2c63692a6362c0d29f7494cefa31340e.jpg

20181031_190317.thumb.jpg.dbd13e05ab2b64d73d69b4dff93977c5.jpg

20181031_191853.thumb.jpg.cfa5da48c0ea5325c3266b0a0ad0b260.jpg

So far not terrible, its definitely there. I need to get an alignment before I can really comment for sure. But it's like riding on really hard tires. I guess that's the best description. Not as big a difference as the subframe and rear diff bushings, at least to my ears. Maybe someone has the specs for these bushings, but I don't think they are as hard as some others.

Oh and the clunk is still there, next step is sway bar links and bushings. After that, I may remove the top hat spacer and see what that does. I am not overly impressed with the hardware that comes with the adf spacers.

Ay yo, FLlegacy.

I'm planning on maybe getting subframe and rear diff bushings on tomorrow. How's the install for the subframe? I was planning on loading her up on stands, and loosening each one just enough to fit a bushing in, then loosening one fully at a time then cranking it down most the way, and working my way around in a pattern. Does this seem right? Also, what kind of benefits have you noticed with these?

Ay yo, FLlegacy.

I'm planning on maybe getting subframe and rear diff bushings on tomorrow. How's the install for the subframe? I was planning on loading her up on stands, and loosening each one just enough to fit a bushing in, then loosening one fully at a time then cranking it down most the way, and working my way around in a pattern. Does this seem right? Also, what kind of benefits have you noticed with these?

I did the rear diff then the subframe, on jack stands. Makes no difference what order as the diff is bolted to the subframe and doesn't have any weight on it. The subframe mounts weren't hard to do either, pretty sure I watched a YT video for instruction.

There was a decent difference in handling feel and increased nvh unfortunately.

That is a very respectable home indeed!

Why are you getting rid of the ole girl? I have seen you talk about the fact that you have to get rid of the car, but not why.

Does it really matter? Its actually spelled out in all the for sale ads, classifieds etc.

Time to move on, let someone else enjoy her.

Likely moving across one of the ponds for work and dont want to ship car.

Dont need two cars and already have the replacement.

Tired, grumpy, old lol

^^^ Aaaaaand, we are all waiting with anticipation WRT the replacement....

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

flattened my front tire... ugh. Thought I heard something driving through the gate to work, but when I parked I went over them with a flashlight and couldn't find anything. Driving home, pressure warning light comes on... looks like a slice and it is literally right on the corner of the tire, so new tires for me, I guess. Didn't get the rated 50k miles out of these, so they'll be prorated a little, I guess.

Cleaned up all the junk inside. Taking the car to Subaru tomorrow for the Airbag recall finally. Still need to get the stroller out of the trunk and bassinet. I'm going to talk to them about the remote starter because I was unhappy what they quoted me over the phone couple of month back. Edited by amusa

Thanks for posting that up with pics.

I checked and my JDM spec car with factory Bilsteins doesnt have this brace.

I wonder what spec cars had these? I saw some blurbs of the tS and I dont recall this particular part.

And are there any other braces that go along with this one, to be found?

Go go Humble! :p

Took it for the Airbag Recall for my 2013 Legacy.

Now Subaru is saying I need the following repair:

1. Lower control arms due to split bushing and wheel alignment ($1,000)

2. Fuel injection cleaning due to condensate found on throttle body ($160)

3. Power Steering flush due to discolor ($180)

I will get it on my friend lift this week or next week and inspect it myself. I know lower control arms is $100 each for OEM I already priced them. To me I think it's to early to replace the lower control arms.

I had to get those bushings replaced. Do it yourself if you're able and willing, it'll save you a lot.

The other two sound like typical dealership BS trying to grasp at services they can get you to pay for. Mine once told me my steering rack needed to be replaced... It did not.

I replaced my puddle lights with these snazzy led ones in case I forget what kinda car I drive. But for real I didn't even know I had puddle lights cause the factory ones where so dull and housing was so oxidized. I saw these online and was like do I even have these.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg597/chillwill7007/the%20subbie%20pt2/20181101_220457.jpg

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg597/chillwill7007/the%20subbie%20pt2/20181101_220504.jpg

Have to get better pic on a flat surface with out all the leaves on the floor.