LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that core wastegate still going around? i thought there was another thread for it but I cant find it and someone is interested in getting the wastegate to port for their 5th gen.

I have the housing core, unfortunately is has a wastegate crack and noone wants to touch it now. I haven't done anything with it because I don't have any issues with mine and I am not looking at any more mods until maybe late next year.

I have the housing core, unfortunately is has a wastegate crack and noone wants to touch it now. I haven't done anything with it because I don't have any issues with mine and I am not looking at any more mods until maybe late next year.

Bummer, oh well, might be one in a junkyard somewhere.

Who wants to sell me one? These work with stock turbo right? Is it a high flow cat? Can I put in a second upstream AFR O2 sensor bung hole?
They do work with the stock turbo, and have a 200 cell high flow cat, but you'll need to port your wastegate to use it effectively and avoid the boost creep.

I'd sell the brand new one for $500. Comes with intermediate pipe.

Who wants to sell me one? These work with stock turbo right? Is it a high flow cat? Can I put in a second upstream AFR O2 sensor bung hole?

I'd sell the one I have, Jpipe only, for considerably less than $500. The boost creep seems to be an issue with hi-flow cat-back systems. I have the stock exhaust with no creep or overboost issues since installation. That seems to be the only difference between my car and the other installs. Porting the turbo, I would recommend either way to have more headroom in case you do want to go with a noisier exhaust or already have on. If you have the turbo off anyway and the time/ability might as well do it.

How well do these work with a stock exhaust? Do they still make car louder?

I don't know how much louder the Nameless is over the AVO j pipe, but I can definitely hear it when I get on the throttle. It's definitely not "l have an exhaust" loud but it's noticeable inside the car so I imagine outside as well.

Sooo I have spent some time reading all through here about boost creep with the nameless high flow cat j pipe. Was just wondering if ppl have the same issues with a catless one? Let’s say like a invidia jpipe? Really don’t want to deal with all the boost creep issues if I don’t have too. And have no problem going catless if they still work good

Sooo I have spent some time reading all through here about boost creep with the nameless high flow cat j pipe. Was just wondering if ppl have the same issues with a catless one? Let’s say like a invidia jpipe? Really don’t want to deal with all the boost creep issues if I don’t have too. And have no problem going catless if they still work good

If you read through enough posts you will notice, there is no real trend, except inconsistency in this regard. Some people have boost creep, others do not. The best thing you can do is port your waste-gate or leave the stock Y-pipe and mufflers on IMO. It may really be down to casting irregularities in the turbine housing itself, which is very likely. Local weather, tuning, and driving habits will also play a part.

Either way, the issue with boost creep seems to be too little back pressure, and/or not enough waste-gate flow. There are ways to combat either issue, a catted Jpipe and stock cat-back are just one way.

They do work with the stock turbo, and have a 200 cell high flow cat, but you'll need to port your wastegate to use it effectively and avoid the boost creep.

I'd sell the brand new one for $500. Comes with intermediate pipe.

How much does porting cost? Is that what the traveling housing was about?

Most everyone with a 5th Gen GT who went with the Invidia catless has had boost creep issues on the stock turbo. Going to an 18g or 20g with a larger turbine seems to mitigate most of that issue both with and without a cat.

• 7 months later...

Hey guys, has anybody installed the Invida catless j-pipe on their legacy?

I just installed mine yesterday. I have a nameless midpipe (straight-pipe) followed by

their y-pipe ending with dual nameless muffler deletes.

I am having the most annoying rattling sound during downshifts from the J-pipe contacting the car's unibody. I thought the bracket that bolts to the turbo manifold was the cause of this and after installing the bracket, I realized the rubbing has gotten MUCH worse. During idle I can feel the exhaust rattling. Took the bracket off and the rattling has gotten slightly better yet, is still pretty bad. I've checked my engine mounts and they appear to be in good condition. I am having trouble reaching Invidia at the moment for possibly a return on a defective pipe. I am very close to swapping out for the stock dp because I am worried the added stress and minimal clearance of the new pipes is going to

cause my turbo to come loose and eventually results in another engine rebuild.

Would really appreciate some feedback here.

Hey guys, has anybody installed the Invida catless j-pipe on their legacy?

I just installed mine yesterday. I have a nameless midpipe (straight-pipe) followed by

their y-pipe ending with dual nameless muffler deletes.

I am having the most annoying rattling sound during downshifts from the J-pipe contacting the car's unibody. I thought the bracket that bolts to the turbo manifold was the cause of this and after installing the bracket, I realized the rubbing has gotten MUCH worse. During idle I can feel the exhaust rattling. Took the bracket off and the rattling has gotten slightly better yet, is still pretty bad. I've checked my engine mounts and they appear to be in good condition. I am having trouble reaching Invidia at the moment for possibly a return on a defective pipe. I am very close to swapping out for the stock dp because I am worried the added stress and minimal clearance of the new pipes is going to

cause my turbo to come loose and eventually results in another engine rebuild.

Would really appreciate some feedback here.

I had this happen to me. Do you have the mid armor skid plate on your car? That's what has caused rattling for most people on here.