LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 2nd Generation Subaru today? - V3

Got a set of 30th anniversary leather rear seats, cleaned and polished them up, rented a carpet cleaner, cleaned the carpet on the back of the seats, pulled the other seats out, cleaned the whole carpet and the floor mats. I now have the full 30th anniversary interior (except stuff like the dash and the a/b pilllars, etc, and except for the front seats which are newer). I might get the front bumper and fenders from the guy I got the seats from, and the left fender has the 30th anniversary badge on it. Would be kind of funny on a 97 but I do have the interior. The guy was cool too, he pulls the motors out of Subarus and puts them in old Beetles. He had a really nice JDM looking 3rd gen Impreza, said it was his son's.

picture.php?albumid=2721&pictureid=12426

Also removed some more AC components, only have that one canister over on the right side by the firewall left to remove. I want to find a way to rewire the AC button on my dash to do something stupid like, spray confetti from the vents. I'll tell people, please don't turn on the AC in my car, it doesn't work. I'm sure the set-up would pay off someday. Or I'll think of some other use for the button.

Edited by Leggyobw97

Is that a custom fuel rail? I've been suspicious of a leaky injector myself, figured I'd wait until the engine rebuild and maybe do a similar set up... Are those the Deatschwerks injectors? What size are you running? I'm not going to turbo this car, so I don't need anything crazy. But I'm curious what you're doing with all that.

Is that a custom fuel rail? I've been suspicious of a leaky injector myself, figured I'd wait until the engine rebuild and maybe do a similar set up... Are those the Deatschwerks injectors? What size are you running? I'm not going to turbo this car, so I don't need anything crazy. But I'm curious what you're doing with all that.

Stock JDM fuel rail lol. ID1050X injectors. It's a AVCS JDM205 swap with a vf48 ported, billet wheel, and ball bearing. Just wanted to have new injectors lol

picture.php?albumid=2721&pictureid=12440

*Finally* got my JDM door visors. Ordered them back in Feb, and it's been a huge headache going back and forth with the seller about shipping. I'm not gonna get into it - I'm just glad they're finally here.

They're obviously wrapped in cellophane in that photo, so it's just a sneak peak, but they're a little lighter than I expected. They almost looked like a reddish/tan silvery color in direct sunlight. Can't wait to get them installed as part of doing the body work this summer.

Also say bye to the Baja in the corner over there because I have a buyer lined up. Taking a little less than I wanted but it still needs tires and will need front pads/rotors soon. Message me if you're into Bajas and want to check it out, maybe make a better offer?

Edited by Leggyobw97

Tried to get my oil pan swapped, but the 30+ mph winds kept blowing these little round things off the tree into the work so I quit before I got junk inside the engine. Tomorrow is supposed to rain so maybe I'll have better luck after work. The tree crap may be stuck down with the wet...

Finally got around to an oil change, it didn't look horrible, but there was certainly some particulate on the magnetic plug. I'm fairly sure its from a bad lifter slapping a cam lobe. I'm not terribly concerned as I'll be swapping the heads soon enough when I pull the motor for a new rear main.

Finished the brackets to mount my radar detector and front dash cam over the rearview mirror.

I took the fuse box out to find some extra power for the overhead cigarette lighters and gauge pod, but there doesn't seem to be a good way to get to accessory or run power in there.

I'll have to spend some quality time with the wiring diagrams. Plus I have to make the bracket for the rear cam.

My friend gave me his 95 legacy after i totalled my trailblazer(rip)... Hes put a lot of work into it running, but not safely... So...

Yesterday I changed the front rotors, calipers, and pads. And bled the lines.

Todays project will be the steering rack as there is way to much play for me to sleep soundly at night... Its wonder how he hasnt died... Hopefully i wont :p

My friend gave me his 95 legacy after i totalled my trailblazer(rip)... Hes put a lot of work into it running, but not safely... So...

Yesterday I changed the front rotors, calipers, and pads. And bled the lines.

Todays project will be the steering rack as there is way to much play for me to sleep soundly at night... Its wonder how he hasnt died... Hopefully i wont :p

Yeah, big pet peeve of mine as a mechanic, seeing steering and braking neglected. They totally transform how the car feels on the road too, it's one of those fixes that are quite rewarding, as you FEEL the result! But some just can't feel the problem in the first place I guess. All my cars are fricken SORTED in the steering and brake department, they all feel quite direct and responsive, it's a good feels.

Yeah, big pet peeve of mine as a mechanic, seeing steering and braking neglected. They totally transform how the car feels on the road too, it's one of those fixes that are quite rewarding, as you FEEL the result! But some just can't feel the problem in the first place I guess. All my cars are fricken SORTED in the steering and brake department, they all feel quite direct and responsive, it's a good feels.

Yeah i agree. Ive driven from cars on their last leg, but at the very least they were safe to drive... Maybe not for the environment, but for me...

Anyway, today i had to replace the rack that was a replacement. Shit was leaky af... But now im a pro at tearing through the under side of the car. Also replaced the tie rods too...

But a strange popping noise that has been around since i got the car on the og test drive is still around... I have a thread for it if anyone is interested in seeing more details and providing thoughts.

So tomorrow will likely be that project, and/or replacing the tires... I would like to get an alignment, but i am saving that for last.

Fixed the length of my front wheel studs for the case where I run steelies.

Swapped back to my normal wheels and tires.

Installed the connectors for the gauge pod instead of running it hard wired.

Idled it for about 15 minutes and then pulled my plugs to see if there were any clues about my -10% fuel trim at idle. I decided to replace the plugs, but no additional clue about the fuel trims.

Got rained out.

Went to the junk yard and pulled and got some stuff... Main score was really clean looking alternator for 14$.

Got new windshield wiper assys, new rearview mirror(lost its grip, pulled a different style out of an impreza, much better hold), new sun visors(both were ripped bad), got some of that nice fake wood grain dash trim out of a outback legacy, and installed all of those.

Also had to replace the terminal on my alternator, so found a terminal and replaced the wireing harness to the battery as it was gettin pretty nasty and ragged.

Tried to replace a ball joint but i got stuck. Made a thread on that if anyone has ideas on how to remove a ball joint from the knuckle