LegacyGT.com

Getting the subie rumble on Legacy Wagon

Good day!

I'm planning to buy a 2.5l turbo Legacy wagon with a 5spd auto. My question is, how do we unlock the subie rumble? I've been doing some research on this and kept stumbling into nothing with regards to the rumble on 5th gens. Can anyone shed some light on this topic?

Thank you everyone!

*btw, from where I live, we've got no manuals on the legacies here :(

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

The rumble comes from engines that have unequal length exhaust headers. The volume can be increased by using a higher flow downpipe and catback exhaust. Don't remove the resonator from the exhaust system, it mellows the exhaust note and filters out drone.

The rumble comes from engines that have unequal length exhaust headers. The volume can be increased by using a higher flow downpipe and catback exhaust. Don't remove the resonator from the exhaust system, it mellows the exhaust note and filters out drone.
Thank you for your input sir! Then how come I don't see much videos with 5th gens having rhe rumble?

Thank you for your input sir! Then how come I don't see much videos with 5th gens having rhe rumble?

The 5th-gen Legacy GT has equal-length headers, due in part to the location of the turbo compared to previous generations. There's not really any practical way to put unequal-length headers on unless you want to relocate the turbo, but you'd be giving up a whole lot of performance to do it. I'm not positive what the exact numbers are, but our horsepower/torque figures with all stock parts and a tune are pretty comparable to a 4th-gen LGT with a full turbo-back exhaust and a tune, and our turbo spools up a good bit sooner due to the shorter exhaust runners.

...how come I don't see much videos with 5th gens having rhe rumble?..

Subaru moved away from a lot of their traditional design ideas for the 5th gens. They redesigned the exhaust system to improve performance and efficiency so the stock exhaust has equal length headers. The stock car doesn't have the rumble.

Archived