LegacyGT.com

(ca) Kartboy endlinks f+r

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Please remind me again exactly what do these end links do. Do I need to have larger aftermarket anti-sway bars already to reap the benefits?

My endlinks were thrashed on my car at 205K ish when I replaced all four of mine back when I had stock sway bars and HOLY COW these made a huge difference. I did the rears first and the handling difference was tremendous. Not as stark a difference as the Whiteline KTA124 kit, but a stout one for sure.

Keep in mind that you'll need some uncertain number of spacers for your sway bar to fit with these.

Edit: I realize I didn't really answer your question that well. What do these do? I guess it would help to understand what a sway bar does. It helps prevent body roll (leaning of the car from side to side during cornering). Sway bar links attach the end of the sway bar to the control arm. The stiffer the anti-roll hardware, the less body roll there is. It helps improve grip as well as it helps keep the inner tire on the ground. Doing all four Kartboy endlinks + a rear sway bar do wonders for a front-heavy car like ours.

Edited by Pleides

Please remind me again exactly what do these end links do. Do I need to have larger aftermarket anti-sway bars already to reap the benefits?

a normal (oem/aftermarket) endlink has a rod mounted to 2 ball joints. The ball joints face opposite directions and attach to the control arm and sway bar. There is alot of compliance in that setup. Also very little nvh. Basically you have a rigid swaybar connected to 3-4 inches of rubber/grease connector to a rigid control arm.

The solid bar links make the swaybar connector inflexible which also adds nvh. However, if you are looking to sharpen your handling, the solid end links will help alot.

The oem end link replacements are marketed as being adjustable. Which only applies in very limited situations that you'll never see on the road.

In my case, I made the upgrade to swaybars and end links to improve high speec cornering on track. The corner in question went from 60mph max to 90mph max. On the street, the ride was better around corners and especially on high speed highway bends. ymmv.

I did notice a higher likelihood of the car dancing on the traction limit if I wasn't smooth. Again, ymmv. stay stock, stay happy.