LegacyGT.com

Thoughts/Reviews about 'GetaDomTune' Cylinder 4 Chamber Cooling System?

I am seriously considering installing this kit in order to 'save' #4 from exploding on my next engine. There are some discussions/thoughts on other forums about it. Yet, I am curious to hear from any fellow forum members who have installed it.

Have you noticed less knocking over time?

Did you try to add more timing?

Although all 4 cylinders have similar EGT temp after installing this kit, the EGT temperatures for cyl 1-3 are now slightly raised. This may also mean that the turbo may run slightly hotter too?

Thoughts?

Link to product: http://shop.getadomtune.com/shop.getadomtune.com/cylinder-4-chamber-cooling-system/

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dom is definitely a reputable subaru guru. The shop that did my sti power steering rack install also fabbed up one. I almost bought one during the cyber monday deal along with other parts. I backed out and figured if my car has been fine these past 11 years why change it now.

This does all make sense and will probably do this mod when I get my block built/get a new shortblock. The thing i feared was the other cylinders getting a bit warmer and with 138k I'll just let it ride. Even temps across the board seems better and #4 is a nice improvement. I think I even saw his YouTube video a handful of times.

I'll probably still pick one up and install one for the heck of it. Would like to see more data and installs/reviews. Boy this legacy is a never ending project hahahaha.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

The thing i feared was the other cylinders getting a bit warmer and with 138k I'll just let it ride.

That is exactly my worry. I don't recall him discussing this.

I will pull the trigger and buy it and have it installed with my motor in April. I will report back :). Might as well since I am having the new short block put in.

I started dismantling everything last night. Hopefully, this evening the engine is on a stand :spin:

That is exactly my worry. I don't recall him discussing this.

I started dismantling everything last night. Hopefully, this evening the engine is on a stand :spin:

yeah I figured why not, I have my date set, and all my parts, can't hurt. Fresh OEM VF52, OEM STI short block, and great tuner for break in tune and great shop. Can't believe I am building this car to drive it slow lol.

I like to stretch the legs, but I have got flipped off by people for taking my time and driving like a normal person. hahaah :lol:

I've had a similar kit in my possession for a few months now, but have yet to install it. I basically bought the OEM fitting used on the twin turbo setups. I've been putting it off even though I have the OEM coolant and conditioner in my possession already. I have yet to ask Bill (Tuner) if this modification will require any adjustments to the tune, I don't see why it would need a tweak but I'll ask none the less. Edited by Gabo

I've had a similar kit in my possession for a few months now, but have yet to install it. I basically bought the OEM fitting used on the twin turbo setups. I've been putting it off even though I have the OEM coolant and conditioner in my possession already. I have yet to ask Bill (Tuner) if this modification will require any adjustments to the tune, I don't see why it would need a tweak but I'll ask none the less.

I'd be surprised if it needed anything but based on what I've read if this would lower and even egt couldn't you theoretically get more out of the engine.

The whole point is to lower temps in cyl 4 which is the one most prone to pre detonate. I think I understand that correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be surprised if it needed anything but based on what I've read if this would lower and even egt couldn't you theoretically get more out of the engine.

The whole point is to lower temps in cyl 4 which is the one most prone to pre detonate. I think I understand that correctly?

That is precisely the point of the modification. Bill stopped at 500whp because I wanted him to. He was sure there was more left. I was :spin::spin::spin: I don't have any equipment to measure temps so I can't offer to do any testing. I'm contempt with Dom's research and results though.

I searched the interwez and went down a rabbit hole. People have the same concerns we all wonder about leaks and this and that. also people have this on there car and things seem to be just fine. He put a ton of research into this and he seems to be the man on this. I am going to try it. Might just order another short block just incase haahahaah :lol::spin::lol:.

I think, like most others, it isn't gonna hurt. I would also prefer it wasn't silicone. I'll likely end up with it at some point but I'm not in a hurry to drain the coolant. Might also switch for a cut to fit rubber hose.

But yes everything I've read makes it seem that Dom knows his stuff. If you read his install instructions, on the first page it talk about other ideas he currently has that sound interesting, like the variable power steering.

I'm about to install a diy kit. Here is what I bought:

1x M20x1.5 to -6AN fitting

1x 20mm crush washer (94109x20000 honda oem)

1x -6AN 45 degree fitting

1x 5/8"x5/8"x3/8" tee

1 ft 3/8" coolant hose

1 ft 5/8" coolant hose

2x clamps for 3/8" hose

2x clamps for 5/8" hose

My plan is to not cut the oem heater hose and instead use a small chunk of the 5/8 line on one side of the tee and then the oem heater hose on the other side.

This is essentially the same kit as the VEMS tuning cooling kit. They use Phenix Industries AN fittings. The -6AN is a little smaller diameter than the Dom kit. According to VEMS tuning, the -6AN fitting is within 0.010" of the optimal diameter but uses off the shelf parts for simplicity.

• 1 month later...
rhino, did you finish the install?

I just read on another forum that the overall cooling temp, for one forum member, decreased by 5C. Curious to hear if you see the same thing.

I didn't yet. Work is always busy and the current situation makes it more difficult to work on the car since I'm an indefinite stay at home dad while still having to work from home.

My goal is to get some time on the car. I need to change my rear wheel bearings, sway bar bushings, add cooling mod and clean aos/replace the hoses.

i watched the videos and looked at the engine when it was apart. I still think it's snake oil. I'm not going to buy it because 30k on closed deck engine says no problem.

Dropping 5F on 1 cylinder only to raise temperature on others seems like the wrong approach.

Although I am thinking about going to an external water pump with multiple flow paths. Seems like a more uniform delivery of colder coolant to all parts of the engine would be better.