LegacyGT.com

jdm br9 questions

hi all

does the jdm br9 have the same engine map as the usa cars?

does the invidia downpipe sold in the usa fit the jdm model?reason I ask is the 4gen usa downpipe don't fit on the right hand drive 4gen cars

are the usa and jdm front bumpers the same part number even tho they have different front fenders?

I see a lot of people using koni Rear: 8010-1055S shocks would these be good on the wagon?

what is the standard front caster?

thanks

Edited by JDMBR9

Hi,

No, engine maps are not the same.

Downpipe *should* fit, given it's position on the engine it does not look to be affected by steering location. It's already routed through what is the drivers side on LHD models as it is. Never seen any comments about fitment issues either.

Nope different part numbers on the bumpers.

Many suspension makers specify the same parts for the wagon and sedan. They are close enough that I wouldnt mind using BR rear dampers on the sedan and vice versa IMO, if there is no specific BR/BM parts from a particular manufacturer.

Standard front caster on the LGT with 225 45 18 is around 5°5'.

I think Japan has a slightly higher HP version? Our market has 260-something same as the USA.

However, I base it primarily off the fact that the Accessport OTS tunes are for US market cars only.

ECU part numbers are different too, I remember a member here based in Asia was looking for a replacement ECU because his got bricked during a reflash, and the US ECUs had differemt numbers.

No Si-Drive also for US cars.

I checked my rear swaybar before I upgraded, it was 16mm same as the US. Have not checked the fronts.

USA has 265 bhp on the standard 6MT 2.5GT and doesn't have the 5EAT available for the GT, rest of the world has 280 bhp on the 6MT 2.5GT, and I believe that the extra drivetrain loss of the 5EAT would bring the auto GT down to right about the same as the 6MT in USDM, so yeah you're roughly correct.

Dont know about the springs as there are quite a few OE options for suspension in Japan. The US 13'-up change could be a variant of one of the many options available in Japan.

Front sway bar swaps on any 5th gen LGT is quite involved from what I read, I saw some reports of having to drop the subframe to do it.

• 1 month later...

Huh, I dont have a backup chime on mine thankfully. It has a park sensor that is a bit sensitive so I ignore it most of the time though lol.

Maybe check with the dealer if it can be disabled via their smart select computer thingy?

5w30 is what I see as factory recommended. Manual lists other options too. Lots of opinions on this.

I currently use Mobil 1 0w40 or Shell Helix Ultra 0w40 (Penzoil Ultra Platinum) as they are easy to get here and I see a lot of good UOA's of these in turbo Subarus.

I recommend whatever you go with be a synthetic though, our turbo engines are notoriously hard on oil. BMW LL-01, Mercedes 229.5, and/or Porsche A40 spec oil is a good place to start.

Edited by Scubaboo