LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

Doctor, did 05MNLGT every reply to you? I thought he was selling a nice set.

Never reached out since I don't want to run a full chrome set and would feel shitty buying those and painting over the blue tint.

I did reach out to Tysparks like 2 weeks ago on his and never got a response. However, I did purchase a greyed set on eBay and the seller sent me a different set than what was pictured and I've been dealing with that for the past week but I think it all worked out.

He agreed to accept the return and pay for shipping but wouldn't front the money when I provided multiple shipping quotes since sending them back to Malaysia originally would have cost like $800. He then wanted to see if I'd hold onto them and he'd reimburse me when they sold again, said no, he asked for me to ship them to Miami so I send him a quote and ask for it up front before I ship. Wouldn't do it without a receipt, sent him a follow-up today with a link to Ebay's policy on return shipping covered by seller and he never responded but initiated the full refund. Still hasn't responded about shipping them anywhere so it looks like I might get to keep them. It's just a shame one of the lens has an internal crack that can't be fixed.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never reached out since I don't want to run a full chrome set and would feel shitty buying those and painting over the blue tint.

I did reach out to Tysparks like 2 weeks ago on his and never got a response. However, I did purchase a greyed set on eBay and the seller sent me a different set than what was pictured and I've been dealing with that for the past week but I think it all worked out.

He agreed to accept the return and pay for shipping but wouldn't front the money when I provided multiple shipping quotes since sending them back to Malaysia originally would have cost like $800. He then wanted to see if I'd hold onto them and he'd reimburse me when they sold again, said no, he asked for me to ship them to Miami so I send him a quote and ask for it up front before I ship. Wouldn't do it without a receipt, sent him a follow-up today with a link to Ebay's policy on return shipping covered by seller and he never responded but initiated the full refund. Still hasn't responded about shipping them anywhere so it looks like I might get to keep them. It's just a shame one of the lens has an internal crack that can't be fixed.

That's right. I remember you wanting a darker set.

Oh man, sorry to hear about the mess with the headlights. Do you have a close-up pic of the issue? when you say cracked lens, this implied you have already opened them up?

One of the lenses has an internal Crack? Could you just swap the lense? I'm guessing the usdm lenses are not the same as the jdm, but I thought maybe the difference was in the body of the housing instead.

Could, still weighing the cost/efforts of my options right now. Leaning towards selling them discounted for what I paid (I should say what they were listed for), finding another set, and maybe pocketing some money. Still going to wait at least a week before I do anything with them in case he does reach out about returning them.

That's right. I remember you wanting a darker set.

Oh man, sorry to hear about the mess with the headlights. Do you have a close-up pic of the issue? when you say cracked lens, this implied you have already opened them up?

Not the head lights themselves. Noticed the crack right away and took mirrored pictures of the head lights to his listing pictures and pointed out every inconsistency for why they were a different set than what he pictured in the listing. They also came with head light brackets that weren't pictured or mentioned at all. Crack is in between the low beam and DRL.

1.1.thumb.jpg.38c43a982de5cafe744f7345272f2fa8.jpg

Someone may be able to get his other set for free as he's using the same set of pictures in another listing and doesn't make a claim anywhere that "the pictures are representative" for what you're buying. Not going to lie the thought has crossed my mind to buy the other set and see if it plays out the same. Have a buddy buy so the name and shipping is different.:icon_twis

I have so many legacy parts :spin:

Head lights? :)

Yea, I'm doubtful it will as well and was super close to canceling the order for the STI lip but I figured I'll keep them both to have the option of either. Maybe run the STI lip in the summer and the under spoiler in the winter to not worry about the lip breaking if I get into heavy snow. I really wish I could figure out what this guy did for his lip, very subtle.

[ATTACH]282729[/ATTACH]

Shipping is on the steep side at $163 via FedEx international and that was the cheapest option.

Sounds like you got yourself a nice set of free headlights to experiment with :lol:

This one shows it off better, should have uploaded this. Water won't get in but the crack extends from the outer to inner lens. You can feel it with a finger nail in the upper right portion but the rest is internal and smooth on the outside.

1.2.thumb.jpg.5ae1cf4ce488b8151f16c176401375ae.jpg

More I look at Savethewagons style the more I want to go this route. I like the clear color distinction and how it mirrors/flows with the subtle outter line that extends up from the foglights on the GT bumper and draws your attention to it. At least it does for me.

3.thumb.jpg.11eb5c76d32f365353f77921d9cd40b9.jpg

2..thumb.jpg.b3b722b22c4c45cb05d98a535fe521d7.jpg

2.1.thumb.jpg.85b475da9699a41bc3610a7108042405.jpg

Edited by DoctorDaveLGT

I kinda like that. Been debating on doing something like that to my headlights. The way people do the black out is too much for what I want. Are those the ones you bought or did you paint them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't that a full black out?

Leave as is. Prefer the waist spoiler to the facelift garnish. Not going to touch the tails since it's my favorite style. When/if I need paint done in the future on the hatch I'm going to delete the badge on the waist spoiler. Should have had that done when the car got painted the Wind Chill Pearl but didn't think of it at the time.

2.thumb.jpg.9d2993b3d2a58cf607ea2229a316afdc.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.35053b4ce906a5fdcd8fff5ccf8653e2.jpg

Man, your car looks good. I also have a white lowered OBXT (not your white of course), with these taillights too. But with your waist spoiler, wheel choice, etc, yours looks more aggressive. Man, once you change the front end, she's gonna look mint!

Oh I didn't realize you had the waist spoiler! I don't think I've ever actually seen a proper picture of one despite searching. With the white, the reverse lights kinda blend in. On mine the chrome in them sticks out a bunch.

I agree. It's a good looking wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much appreciated gents! I'm getting giddy as the parts keep coming in. I think the USDM big booty bumper with the lower section painted black like the sedan helps add to the "aggressiveness". Also think the extended side profile of it helps the "in motion while still" illusion compared to the shortened jdm rear. I need to figure out if I'm going with the STI lip or the Subaru front under spoiler as I always thought the front lacked "aggresiveness" compared to the rear. Rear 3/4 angle is by far my favorite and could stare at it all day.

Love the rain guards! Maybe a slight noise reduction depending on who you ask. I think there was but that could be placebo. Allows you to open the windows about .5"-.75" without rain getting in unless it's coming down sideways.

Leave as is. Prefer the waist spoiler to the facelift garnish. Not going to touch the tails since it's my favorite style. When/if I need paint done in the future on the hatch I'm going to delete the badge on the waist spoiler. Should have had that done when the car got painted the Wind Chill Pearl but didn't think of it at the time.

[ATTACH]282787[/ATTACH][ATTACH]282788[/ATTACH]

I like your wheel choice. Which one are these? They look like Enkei's I was looking at on tirerack.