LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

my 06 is on bilstein hd shocks with pink springs. the PO put almost 2" thick spacers in the rear and about 3/4 to 1" in the front. I'll post a pic so you can see how it looks.

Mmmmm jdm tail lights. What wheels are those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the stock ones painted in black by the PO. Yeah, jdm/rest of the world post-face lift tail lights. I also installed a while ago the rear garnish that goes with it. Not too bad. Next on the list for this car would be JDM headlights. HID is just better plus their beam pattern is wider too. And I've been meaning to replace the front bumper with a jdm one I have. Too many projects :mad:

And right now, I need to focus on the 05's engine...

Yea I'd like to do hid, rear garnish, and tail lights. I'll likely do the retro quick or a full on retro since the prospect of a full on lgt post facelift front end swap is just too much.

Makes sense on the wheels. 08 was a different style so I didn't recognize them.

I hope. Also not sure how I missed it was that hose. It was super obvious. Really glad it wasn't an oil leak. Now just need to let all the. Residual coolant burn off so I can make sure that's all it was.

I also got a new job and now I have to drive 3 mins to a train station every morning. So you know perfect conditions for a turbo subie to run in....

Lol I rode my bike all last winter in utah to the train station. I also had a place inside to store my bike though. People kept asking me why I brought it inside and then bring flabbergasted when I told them it was a $4000 bike I was riding with $400 shoes.

Really overkill for the 0.9 mile daily bike ride.

Worked years in bike shops and been cycling for like 20 years. My civic died and didn't have money for a car. That stop gap is how I managed to get my obxt honestly.

I have real nice lobster claw wind proof gloves somewhere... wool socks and wind/water resistant shoe covers. Ski helmet and goggles in the snow.

It just depends honestly. Winter is almost easier because you can wear your slacks under everything. Summer is hot. My commute bike has a frame bag and my back pack to carry changes. But I also don't care much about wrinkles. But even when I have to wear business professional, it's not in the meeting with clients sense.

I hope. Also not sure how I missed it was that hose. It was super obvious. Really glad it wasn't an oil leak. Now just need to let all the. Residual coolant burn off so I can make sure that's all it was.

I also got a new job and now I have to drive 3 mins to a train station every morning. So you know perfect conditions for a turbo subie to run in....

Awesome! Congrats on the new job too. How about one of those battery operated scooters?

What you need is an OG Nissan Leaf, like a 2013. The batteries life on those have taken a hit and the already short range is 20% down. People are dumping them for cheap. $30k car that you can get for under $6k now. It won't care at all that you are only driving it 3 minutes each way. However... when it's time to get rid of it... what's it going to be worth?

I'm liking what I'm seeing! I haven't seen anyone else on here do a JDM/EDM, post-face lift, front end conversion - that is a mouthful. I also haven't looked too hard, but in all the years I've searched and read through this forum, you are the first I've seen to pull it off. I cannot wait for more pictures :spin:

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Thanks. I've worked a lot on these cars, but never removed the engine. So I was proud of myself. And it was really not that bad, except for a broken trans bolt. Very weird.

I am really looking forward to tearing down this engine. And can't wait to inspect the pistons.