LegacyGT.com

OEM (Ford) LED Fog Lights

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another nice thing about the FORD units, they require no adjustment once installed.

^ this. Didn't need to touch the adjustment on mine. Also....Valeo name brand quality OEM part.

The fact that humble has his fog lights zip tied might have led to needing adjustment. Just throwing this out there.

They are zip-tied very securely to the mounting point, not moving anywhere anytime soon (though I do have OEM hardware on order to change out soon just for piece of mind). I'd likely say that what was at play with mine were the fact that mine are TYC clones rather than OEM Ford units, so I doubt they have in-factory alignment done to them that the Fords would.

My OEM Ford Fogs didn't require any adjustment. I just made sure the outboard mounting tabs were secure and the inboard 2 mounting screws were firm. Fortunately no adjustment was needed.

I like these light more every day (or should I say early morning and night)

I installed them the way that the OEM Subaru lights were installed 2 screws on inner two mounting points and tabs inserted into outer two mounting points. As I mentioned earlier, you will need to press the sleeves that are on the OEM screws/bolt things into the Ford plastic housing. this will ensure that you do not break the ford plastic mounts when you tighten them down and it will also let you know when they are tight.

I installed them the way that the OEM Subaru lights were installed 2 screws on inner two mounting points and tabs inserted into outer two mounting points. As I mentioned earlier, you will need to press the sleeves that are on the OEM screws/bolt things into the Ford plastic housing. this will ensure that you do not break the ford plastic mounts when you tighten them down and it will also let you know when they are tight.
This must just be on facelift 2013-2014, my 2012 used 1 screw per side and there was no sleeve or anything that needed to be transferred to the new housings.

This must just be on facelift 2013-2014, my 2012 used 1 screw per side and there was no sleeve or anything that needed to be transferred to the new housings.

That's correct. Pre-facelift only uses one screw on the top inner mount. Post face lift uses 2 screws on the top and bottom inner mount. Pre-facelift has a little tab on the back where the second screw would be on post-facelift. And by sleeves, I think he might be meaning the two speed nuts that go on those holes.

2010-2012

PwV6CwU.png

2013-2014

sZ3VizV.png

xXTuHLU.png

No, by sleeves I mean the short meteal tube that the screw goes through.. it is a spacer that keeps the plastic from getting mushed from over tightening of said screw/nut thing. looks like the one at the bottom except shiny instead of black

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/131634786109-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

• 2 months later...
You would need the fog bezel for each side, the light housing itself, the in-dash fog light switch (small module that will replace your existing mirror adjustment module), and the relay for the fuse box to operate the foglights. The wiring will already be in your car, behind your bumper. If you remove your existing non-fog bezels, you should be able to see the wiring taped up in a bundle behind it.

• 11 months later...

I did the Ford OEM Fogs install 2 years ago on my 2013. One of the easiest and BEST upgrades! I added Lamin-x on them to protect them, as my original Subaru Fog lenses were so badly etched/pitted.

The Ford Fogs look awesome and they light the roadway so much better!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I did exactly the same comparison, and decided to go with stock/OEM Ford LED. There were some mixed reviews with the Morimotos.

I knew with the Ford LED's, that

1) warranty replacement would probably be faster & easier at my local dealer

2) Long term replacement down the road would be more of a guarantee of parts availability. I'm not sure how long Morimoto is in business of if they (or their LED fogs) will be around in 10 years from now if/when I need to replace a unit.

If you buy from a local dealer, check for parts discount coupons on their website. You might find a 10-20% parts deal and walk home with new lights to install!

I think with the Morimoto it just swaps into the OEM Subaru housing am I correct? With the Mustang Fogs it's the whole assembly and they're projectors. I vote the Mustang Fogs.
The Morimotos are a complete housing like the Ford lights.

I think with the Morimoto it just swaps into the OEM Subaru housing am I correct? With the Mustang Fogs it's the whole assembly and they're projectors. I vote the Mustang Fogs.

The morimoto’s are a complete housing swap. As for the company not being around, I have no worries there as the company was started in 2008. They have been making great strides in the industry as one of the firsts. That is why that doesn’t bother me. I just want the best output with your being THAT guy blinding folks.

I have a long list of things I want to do for this car. Headlights have already been ordered and received, now I need to order led bulbs for them, and looks like these Ford Mustang led’s to finish up the lighting.

Thanks folks

• 4 months later...

Is there a verified kit from Rigid or Baja Designs that would work with our cars?

The little nub on yours is an antiquated pressure equalizing vent. The OEM Ford lights have GORE brand pressure equalizing vents, the round grey spot in my pics, just like high end off-road LED lights like Rigid and Baja Designs.

If you do not have fog light kit installed, here is what you will need (p/n's for 2010 model):

- Left and Right fog light bezels (57731AJ19A & 57731AJ20A)

- Fog light switch (H4510AJ000)

- Relay (82501AG05)

- Nut x2 (902510034)

- Bolt x2 (901000344)

- Fog lights (FR3Z-15200-A)

General instructions link

Did I miss anything?