LegacyGT.com

Clutch Confusion..

I have a 95 RHD Postal Legacy L. Swapped car from 4eat to 5mt with a 5mt from another 95 Legacy. After putting everything back together, I found out that that transmission was bad. I now have a transmission and diff from an 03 WRX that I am trying to swap in. I'm not sure what all I need to change out though.

Will my 95 Legacy Flywheel work with the WRX Transmission or will I need to purchase a WRX Flywheel? Same question for clutch. Will my 95 Clutch kit work with this transmission??

Currently it has a clutch cable, but the WRX transmission is a push type, not a pull type. So to swap this transmission in I will need to swap all the cable stuff to hydraulic stuff. The only JDM Hydraulic Pedal Assembly I found is from a 99 Legacy. It looks like it will fit, but I'm not 100% sure.

Then, I would need the clutch line parts. Since I'm RHD and will not have a WRX Pedal, I'm not sure which line I will need..

My current shopping cart is: 99 Legacy Pedal Assembly w/Master Cylinder, 03 WRX Clutch Hardline and Softline, 03 WRX Slave Cylinder, 03 WRX Clutch kit, 03 WRX Clutch fork and pin.

I feel as if this car is cursed to never be complete. x( If anyone has any information or insight I would be quite grateful.

• 3 months later...
I have a 95 RHD Postal Legacy L. Swapped car from 4eat to 5mt with a 5mt from another 95 Legacy. After putting everything back together, I found out that that transmission was bad. I now have a transmission and diff from an 03 WRX that I am trying to swap in. I'm not sure what all I need to change out though.

Will my 95 Legacy Flywheel work with the WRX Transmission or will I need to purchase a WRX Flywheel? Same question for clutch. Will my 95 Clutch kit work with this transmission??

Currently it has a clutch cable, but the WRX transmission is a push type, not a pull type. So to swap this transmission in I will need to swap all the cable stuff to hydraulic stuff. The only JDM Hydraulic Pedal Assembly I found is from a 99 Legacy. It looks like it will fit, but I'm not 100% sure.

Then, I would need the clutch line parts. Since I'm RHD and will not have a WRX Pedal, I'm not sure which line I will need..

My current shopping cart is: 99 Legacy Pedal Assembly w/Master Cylinder, 03 WRX Clutch Hardline and Softline, 03 WRX Slave Cylinder, 03 WRX Clutch kit, 03 WRX Clutch fork and pin.

I feel as if this car is cursed to never be complete. x( If anyone has any information or insight I would be quite grateful.

Hi

Did you get this finished

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi

Did you get this finished

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I did! I ended up using a clutch and flywheel from a wrx to match the transmission. I also ditched the cable clutch and installed hydraulic clutch stuff. I ordered a master cylinder/ pedal assembly from a rhd car.. i believe from ebay.uk. slave cylinder was the same as lhd. It all worked perfectly in the end.

• 1 month later...
I did! I ended up using a clutch and flywheel from a wrx to match the transmission. I also ditched the cable clutch and installed hydraulic clutch stuff. I ordered a master cylinder/ pedal assembly from a rhd car.. i believe from ebay.uk. slave cylinder was the same as lhd. It all worked perfectly in the end.

Good good.Im doing mine in October.Any pics from your conversion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...