LegacyGT.com

Compatible CVTs for 2013 Premium 2.5i?

Hi All,

Picking up a 2013 Premium 2.5i with a blown CVT as a project/daily driver. I'm looking to find out what transmissions out of other Subarus would be compatible with this model. In the past (eons ago...), it was pretty easy to find compatible transmissions among Subarus. Now, there seems to be very little knowledge.

I came across this Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Subaru_transmissions#Subaru_Lineartronic_CVT_TR690_and_TR580

Can I basically get any of the TR580s and be ok?

Thanks!

Hi All,

Picking up a 2013 Premium 2.5i with a blown CVT as a project/daily driver. I'm looking to find out what transmissions out of other Subarus would be compatible with this model. In the past (eons ago...), it was pretty easy to find compatible transmissions among Subarus. Now, there seems to be very little knowledge.

I came across this Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Subaru_transmissions#Subaru_Lineartronic_CVT_TR690_and_TR580

Can I basically get any of the TR580s and be ok?

Thanks!

Obviously your best bet would be to get a cvt from the same model year, with low mileage. I'm not quite sure if it's possible, but an idea I've thought about is maybe you could put in a manual tranny if it won't be killer on the wallet?

Obviously your best bet would be to get a cvt from the same model year, with low mileage. I'm not quite sure if it's possible, but an idea I've thought about is maybe you could put in a manual tranny if it won't be killer on the wallet?

Same model year legacy is impossible to find, which is why I'm trying to branch out.

How many miles are on the car? The CVT warranty was extended.

Over 120k

You aren't looking very hard, there is an entire page of listings on http://www.car-part.com

Wow you’re not kidding. There are even one near MD with only 17k miles on it.

https://imageappky.car-part.com/image?seller=1345&partsourceid=1345&partGUID=1345-pa09-1000617251&vehicleGUID=1345-pa09-VRB299&display=2014%20Subaru%20Legacy%20Transmission%20Assembly-Stock%23%20RB299

2013-14 CVT are the same for the 2.5L 2015+ will not work <2013 will not work.

Same CVT model from other model will not work as the final drives are most likely different

So to confirm, if I've got a 2013 2.5i (2.5L), a 2014 CVT out of a 2.5i will work.

You aren't looking very hard, there is an entire page of listings on http://www.car-part.com

I was looking specifically for a 2013 transmission because I did not know if there's any compatibility across the years. Also, based on all the issues with the CVT, I'm also looking for a low mileage CVT. 100k + miles is not something I want to get.

So when I search for a 2013 in car-part, it doesn't show any 2014s. Typically if there's compatibility, they will list.

Appreciate all the help folks, it's been awhile since I've own a Subaru.

So to confirm, if I've got a 2013 2.5i (2.5L), a 2014 CVT out of a 2.5i will work.

I was looking specifically for a 2013 transmission because I did not know if there's any compatibility across the years. Also, based on all the issues with the CVT, I'm also looking for a low mileage CVT. 100k + miles is not something I want to get.

So when I search for a 2013 in car-part, it doesn't show any 2014s. Typically if there's compatibility, they will list.

Theres an option usually to show interchange years from min to max.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I am not aware of any changes in the drive train between 13 and 14 so yes it will work.

Theres an option usually to show interchange years from min to max.

Yeah, It only shows 2013 Legacies.

I am not aware of any changes in the drive train between 13 and 14 so yes it will work.

Any documentation on that (Just trying to make sure before I go buy a 2014 transmission)