LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

:p

Local guy is selling his.

If you happen to have $88,000 to spare. :spin::spin:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/Audi/R8/Louisville+KY-40292

I don't mind the price of a nice R8, I know you have to pay to play. But I have to pay for my stuff out right. I do not do loans or car payments. I really want a Lexus LFA, I just love the sound of the car. I know it's not fast but it sings up high. I will keep the 2 legacies I have and my daily Taurus cause they are all paid for when I bought them on the spot. I just need a taste of the semi-super car world :p.

My thoughts exactly...

So today I thoroughly examined the car after all the wind and downed branches from the other nights storm.

I got lucky!

Scotty

It was bad in our area too. My LGT spent the night in the garage, Tribeca was outside. Friends of ours fared worse - branch feel of a tree and smashed windshield on wife's car.

By some miracle we didn't lose power even though there are plenty generators humming in the neighborhood even this morning.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Getting a lot of pressure from my wife to sell my wagon.

We have two teenagers that are now driving age and having a car that no one else drives is causing some issues. Not that I couldn't teach someone to drive stick, but it's probably a bit much for a new driver. It's killing me to think about, but I'm considering it. For what I can get for my wagon vs what I could find to replace it, just would drive me nuts on the minimal price difference, but major performance difference. Right now I'm sort of looking for a third car, probably an NA forester or legacy. It's not something I have to decide right now, but it's coming...

Edited by Infosecdad

My thoughts exactly...

So today I thoroughly examined the car after all the wind and downed branches from the other nights storm.

I got lucky!

Scotty

Hah, yeah I had to practically shovel mine out from under all the leaves and tiny twigs. Luckily nothing big fell on it or damaged it.

We have two teenagers that are now driving age and having a car that no one else drives is causing some issues. Not that I couldn't teach someone to drive stick, but it's probably a bit much for a new driver. It's killing me to think about, but I'm considering it. For what I can get for my wagon vs what I could find to replace it, just would drive me nuts on the minimal price difference, but major performance difference. Right now I'm sort of looking for a third car, probably an NA forester or legacy. It's not something I have to decide right now, but it's coming...

**** that. Kids SHOULD learn to drive stick, every person with a license should know how just in case they ever need to in an emergency, etc (even if they never choose to use that skill). It's certainly not "a lot for a new driver", my first car was a standard (as were most people's cars back in the day and still are most people's cars everywhere besides America). It's one simple motion that becomes second nature after a couple days/weeks. The first few times out are a learning curve, then good to go after that. Have them drive around the block with you right there next to them a few dozen times, that way by the time they get their license they're good to go.

I always tell my wife (who adamantly refuses to drive stick even though I've taught her a few times over the years and she did alright, but she's got it in her head as this big scary thing that she just can't do) if we ever take my car somewhere and I get hurt and I need you to take me to the hospital, I will come back and haunt you for letting me die because you refuse to use a clutch pedal. Plus it will give them a better appreciation for the other drivers who are driving stick and open their eyes to that world of "hey don't get 1/2" away from a car's bumper at a red light on a steep hill" etc. And MAYBE they'll even choose to drive a real car once they have that knowledge...

But even if not, like having a car all to yourself that some teenager isn't going to **** up is a bad thing?? lol

When my kid grows up, I'll probably never let her drive my car unless it's an emergency, she can ruin her own $600 beater and leave the good car out of it...

Edited by RecklessWOT

Today I finally got around to taking the orange reflectors out of my headlights. Looks awesome, but pretty sure I'm gonna have to take the bumper back off tomorrow and basically do it all over again- now that it's dark I can see light most of the way around the seam, I think I let the glue cool too much so when I put it back together it didn't make a good seal. I don't water getting in there and fogging it up next time it rains or I wash it... I'll at least RTV around the gap

Don't do it. You'll regret selling the wagon. I was in the same boat, so I taught my oldest to start driving my wagon (some yelling ensued but oh well.). He wanted nothing else but a manual after that. We ended finding him a nice 05 Outback 5MT Limited, which he still drives today and loves it.

Similar story happened with middle one in 4 years after first one, 2010 Outback 6MT. Both boys are happy and both took them to various trips all around.

Having a stick car actually made them feel way cooler than other kids in school, and also helped them become closer to each other and to me. Don't forget that bonding that occurs when you teach your kid to drive your car (you'll both forget negative parts of it and remember good ones).

There has to be still some 05-13 Outbacks out there with a stick in decent shape.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Want to buy my built up LGT sedan with a 5EAT (also modified)? :lol:

Went to pull off the intake manifold off the spec b on saturday, I already have the exhaust off so I started by pulling out the turbo to get it checked. After I had a bitch of a time... and then it got too dark out to work. It's loose and almost ready to pull up. I'm missing a couple things that are holding it down but should have them off soon.

Quick question though... How the F do you get the injector shields off? they are completely in the way. I've got all the front and side bolts off of them, but cannot for the life of me get the rears off!

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

Had a pretty productive weekend.

Replaced both HID ballasts with new Denso/Toyota ones since the drivers side one failed and switched out the low beam bulbs to Osram D2S CBB's. STI brake booster and MC arrived on Saturday and ordered fog light harness's to undo the LED conversion previous owner did as one of the LED bulbs is starting to fail/flicker. Also made some cosmetic changes to the Honda.

Then the wife helped me give both of the girls a good wash.

1.thumb.jpg.ba82dbb613c65fda1ad349d28a7d980e.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.90e42cfdedc8138a240df7857e30fcd5.jpg

Quick question though... How the F do you get the injector shields off? they are completely in the way. I've got all the front and side bolts off of them, but cannot for the life of me get the rears off!

I don't remember having to get those off to get the turbo out, but I just put mine back on and couldn't really get it there with everything around it being fully tight. Tgv, intake manifold, and I think the tgv motors off.

My engine is out of the car so I just found it easier to unbolt it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven’t touched the legacy in about 6 months.

Did clean the Lancer today. Not sure if i should pull the motor on the Legacy and scrap the shell.

It’s not bothering anyone sitting in my backyard.

Really want to trade the Lancer for a 4th gen though LOL

I tried to teach on the turbo legacy and that was a very bad idea. It is a hard car to drive for me, let alone someone new to stick. Our 1998 Legacy Brighton wagon 5 speed: Now that worked out great to teach two kids.

It got two kids through highschool and all their activities. They are both in college. Oone kid got Mom's hand me down and she got a new car. The other is freshman so doesn't have a car yet.

The more important thing, is my Turbo Legacy is always getting worked on by me or the shop. Having that third car on hand has been a lifesaver.

Had a pretty productive weekend.

Replaced both HID ballasts with new Denso/Toyota ones since the drivers side one failed and switched out the low beam bulbs to Osram D2S CBB's. STI brake booster and MC arrived on Saturday and ordered fog light harness's to undo the LED conversion previous owner did as one of the LED bulbs is starting to fail/flicker. Also made some cosmetic changes to the Honda.

Then the wife helped me give both of the girls a good wash.

As someone who gets to hear from a nephew about how many white over red s2000s are floating around, nice!

As someone who gets to hear from a nephew about how many white over red s2000s are floating around, nice!

Definitely feel pretty lucky about them both. Searched for about 5 months before I found the S2K and it was only a few hours away in IL. I had no clue at the time I bought the legacy it was one of the 1 of 48 '05 SWP MT limited wagons w/ black interior. Seller was a big Subaru guy and mention he'd never seen another legacy wagon with the black interior and I didn't think much of it. Still would have bought it if it had tan interior.

Told him if he was ever to sell his Forester to let me know and I'd gladly fly back out to Maine to buy it off him and get some lobster. My white car theme be damned.:lol:

IMG_3326.jpg.720d71f8d7c681426d34701cf9245bf6.jpg

bought a spare driver's door from the junk yard today. It has very very trace amounts of rust at the seam at the bottom. A far cry from the full blown rust on my current door. Because the door is the correct blue, I figured the $45 for the door + labor to swap everything needed from my old door to the new one is worth it, if it buys me at least 2 years. Before I get to work I will see what mitigation I can do while its small and easy to get to. I'll post pictures of the work later when it happens

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Washed and waxed my specB yesterday. And then it rained all day today, and I found a nice muddy trail to drive down. Good thing I like washing cars.

Also getting new fog lamps. Already have the passenger side and driver side shipped today. Old ones were beat up and looked like trash. Working on getting the front end cleaned up, just need to replace the bumper at this point...

My buddy who sold me the specB totaled his car last weekend. Hit a 14 point buck going out of town fishing at about 70mph. Jokingly said he wanted the specB back, but he might have been serious too.