LegacyGT.com

CAN: madrig cf parts thread

I haven't been on here in quite some time. Between work, building and selling my 05 sti to buy my e39 m5 and now dumping money into go fast parts for my s4 but but ill be damned if all this carbon fiber fire doesn't make me dive headfirst back into my wagon build. Someone offered to buy it off me yesterday for what I paid for it and I told him to come on by but now I'm having second thoughts leaning towards keeping it. Gaahhhh:spin:

I don't know what the deal is with copying and what not legal wise, but it would be great to have some of these k2 pieces in a USDM fitment carbon fiber! If there's an ever so slight variation in shape though that might be enough to avoid any headaches.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I don't know what the deal is with copying and what not legal wise, but it would be great to have some of these k2 pieces in a USDM fitment carbon fiber! If there's an ever so slight variation in shape though that might be enough to avoid any headaches.

need the part, make a mold, make some parts, make enough money to cover the costs.

madrig has offered, in the past, to dupe parts if you ship them to him. idk what his work schedule is now, but a pm to him will get you answers

• 3 weeks later...
need the part, make a mold, make some parts, make enough money to cover the costs.

madrig has offered, in the past, to dupe parts if you ship them to him. idk what his work schedule is now, but a pm to him will get you answers

Now I'm thinking I need to jdm convert anyway because I picked up a set of the headlights... What all needs to be converted front end wise to use the jdm headlights. Might gladly pick up a k2 bumper if I have to at this point.

Now I'm thinking I need to jdm convert anyway because I picked up a set of the headlights... What all needs to be converted front end wise to use the jdm headlights. Might gladly pick up a k2 bumper if I have to at this point, but I'm guessing I need crash beam etc? I'm already post facelift usdm 2008.

For post-facelift 4th Gen's you would need jdm fenders for jdm headlights to fit
I think I read that the jdm headlight is slightly smaller contour in that area? Would they fit without necessarily sealing well because of gap in the interim until I can get some?

• 1 month later...
How interested would people be in an integrated rear garnish for the wagon? I like the cleaner lines of parts that are one-piece and not stuck-on like the attached.
I'd be down for one! Been wanting to order one but have it molded. Would love one that was a full replacement and didn't have that "stuck on" look.

It would be the same, but one integrated piece instead of a stick-on. The JDM waist spoiler trim is a stick-on.

I could have sworn I've seen them fully molded. But in that case yes absolutely. Especially if I don't have to have that little chrome blob. I'm just broke so doubt I could go in on a pre order. I'd be guessing $350+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intersting. I wonder what the a GB cost would look like for it in CF

I think the carbon spoiler is $350? Maybe that's the fiberglass one. I know he stays busy and from what I've seen, we'd need to get him an example for a mold. He may be able to use his own garnish for that if we can get a waist spoiler. But I'd think the best chances of getting it done would be a group purchase.

I think the carbon spoiler is $350? Maybe that's the fiberglass one. I know he stays busy and from what I've seen, we'd need to get him an example for a mold. He may be able to use his own garnish for that if we can get a waist spoiler. But I'd think the best chances of getting it done would be a group purchase.

I wanna say it's $390 for a fiberglass spoiler, but now I'm unsure if that is in CAD or USD lol.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

HEY HEY HEY!!!

Don't you know some of us are trying to keep the mods addiction in check over here. You have to go posting all of these fancy bits.

But in all seriousness thanks for posting these links for the community in one place as someone who is for all intents and purposes spending way more than I should on this car this is very tempting.

Question to the man himself, your carbon parts are they UV stable? I am guessing you are either using a UV stable resin, or some kind of top coat (something like duratech's sunsheild https://www.fibreglast.com/product/Duratec_Sunshield).

Lastly, for the EDM console parts is a mat finish an option, I like CF but for interiors I find the high gloss finish to be a little too much for my taste, I prefer a more understated appearance.

Edited by socalsleeper
typo

Idk if madrig is up for a gb kind of thread as his stuff has a limited audience ($$$). I'll collate responses and send to him. The edm console is probably money, and the waist spoiler/wing is a but stalled at the moment (no one has asked for the same configuration).

note: I don't speak for madrig or have any influence on what he makes, when and how. Just a collector of unique items like the rest of you.

note2: his process and product are of top-quality given the number of ppl who mounted the "raw" exterior parts over the last several years. Hearsay only. Ask Gunnar, as he has his wing along time.