LegacyGT.com

CA Smog w/ OEM 07 OBXT Uppipe

I have an 05 LGT and want to put in the catless uppipe I have which is from an 07 outback xt. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experiences with smog and this setup with the 2.2 ohm resistor in the EGT. My opposition to Cobb AP to clear the codes is that I would want to unmarry and sell the AP when I sell the car with no CEL. I was hoping that an OEM subaru uppipe with a resistor mod would be a permanent smog-friendly mod. Would most legal smog places pass it? I'm in Sacramento.

Depends on how knowledgable your smog tech is on your model year. Also how well you hide the resistor mod.

I just went through the same debate and decided to gut the 06 up I have and place the EGT back in the pipe.

After smog I may pull the EGT plug and place a DP on this car but that will depend on other factors in my life.

For now I'm 99% sure my car will pass with the AP un married.

Resistor mod tells the ECU there is one reading. If I remember right it was static 1320 degrees. No CEL thrown for removing the EGT if it reads the resistance. CAT is just there to heat up the gasses faster during warm up.

Confirmed here the ECU is only using the EGT as a fail safe, probably go into limp mode if it got too hot for a long period. No tune perameters are based off of the EGT temp.

Archived