LegacyGT.com

New 2009 Legacy and Outback 2.5i PZEV for Canada announced...featuring...

BernardP

...No Price Drop and Mandatory Automatic Transmission:

Link:

http://subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx?ArticleID=4728&WebPageID=4998&WebSiteID=282

I am considering a 2009 2.5i. Automatic-only is an absolute no-no for me. I just hope there is a non-PZEV model with manual transmission.

-----------------------------------------------

SUBARU ANNNOUNCES PRICING FOR PZEV LEGACY AND OUTBACK

April 17, 2008

Partial Zero Emission Vehicles help reduce the impact of car ownership

- at zero increase in price

MISSISSAUGA, Ontario - Subaru Canada, Inc. (SCI) today announced pricing for the new PZEV models in its Legacy and Outback lineup. The Legacy PZEV (Partial Zero Emission Vehicle) sedan and wagon, and the Outback PZEV will debut as 2009 models-with a zero price increase.

The Legacy PZEV sedan and wagon will be the new base models in the range and will have the same Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) as the previous base models. MSRP for the Legacy 2.5i PZEV sedan will be $28,195; MSRP for the Legacy 2.5i PZEV wagon will be $29,195. The new PZEV model in the Outback range is based on the popular Outback Touring model and will have an MSRP of $34,895.

"Subaru is delighted to offer Canadians these vehicles, which meet the strict emissions standards set by the California Air Resources Board and eliminate fuel-system evaporative emissions," said Katsuhiro Yokoyama, president and CEO of SCI. "Compared to an average new vehicle, Subaru PZEV vehicles have 90 percent cleaner emissions and may even be cleaner than hybrid or alternative fuel vehicles. In addition, Subaru PZEV vehicles achieve such a complete fuel burn that in very smoggy urban areas, the exhaust out of the tailpipe can actually be cleaner than the air outside."

The 2009 Legacy and Outback PZEV are powered by Subaru's 2.5-litre 4-cylinder SOHC 16-valve horizontally opposed SUBARU BOXER with a modified emissions system. The engine produces 170 hp at 6,000 rpm and uses regular unleaded fuel. The engine is mated to a 4-speed electronically controlled SPORTSHIFT automatic transmission.

Like every Legacy and Outback, PZEV models will be well-equipped with a broad range of standard features, including a split-folding rear seat, cruise control; power windows, door locks and mirrors; keyless entry; adjustable dash illumination; dual-mode trip odometer; generous cabin storage, and a 100-watt AM/FM/CD stereo with MP3/WMA capability and an auxiliary audio input.

The 2009 PZEV lineup will be further enhanced with heated front seats, power driver's seat, and heated exterior mirrors with integrated LED turn signals. Wagon models will be fitted with a retractable cargo cover, and the Outback PZEV will also be equipped with standard fog lights and a power tilt-and-slide twin-panel glass moonroof.

• 2 weeks later...

Following-up on my previous post.

I e-mailed my salesman about this and he told me that there won't be any 2009 Legacy 2.5i PZEV available with manual transmission until September.

But a manual version is definitely going to become available sometimes in September.

He confirmed that Subaru Canada has only announced the automatic version for now because of this delayed availability.

All naturally-aspirated Legacys are going to be PZEV for the 2009 model year in Canada.

I saw one of these new PZEV Legacy's on my dealers lot the other day...and wondered what it was then I saw the badge on the back. In addition to the info above...it looks like it comes with 16 inch alloy rims...

I saw one of these new PZEV Legacy's on my dealers lot the other day...and wondered what it was then I saw the badge on the back. In addition to the info above...it looks like it comes with 16 inch alloy rims...

The base model has 16-inch wheels, but there is a Touring Package Model including AFAIK: 17-inch wheels, Electronic Stability Control, sunroof, Harmon Kardon speakers, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shiftknob.

There's an 09 Outback Touring in my local dealership. It's PZEV. I can't tell much difference with it than the other 08 Outbacks/Legacy. U can't even spot the supposedly HK audio. I think it's only on the speakers. The head unit is still Panasonic. There's a $2500 discount already. hehehehe

Archived