LegacyGT.com

RSX owner moving up to LGT

OutofSight84

I've been looking into LGTs for the last couple months now and have gathered some very helpful information. I currentley drive a 2006 RSX, getting sick of the already excessive rattles and lack of space. I'm looking to trade it for an 05-06 LGT very soon. Just had a few questions:

-Does the stock stereo sound decent? I see its only a 100 watt. Sounds low but I dont hear anyone really complaining. Before the RSX I had a 97 Maxima with a pretty nice stock BOSE system. Id be happy if it was right in that range, but the BOSE in the RSX is really garbage by comparison.

-How bad/prevalent are rattles in the LGTs? Even my old 95 Legacy put the RSX to shame with the amount of rattles I get now. The ride is extremely stiff so I hear something over most every bump. Obviously the LGT will be a big step up, but do you notice more and more popping up over time?

-Any opinions on wether to trade in (i have 6.5k miles now) or try and sell privately? Financing isnt an issue at all since it will be a cash transaction. Im figuring it would be hard to sell a nearly new car privately, plus the fact that id be paying the full amount of tax on the subie if I didnt trade in.

Any other advice/suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

My i nor my GT have any rattles really. I really like my stock stereo, then again I'm not really an audiophile.

As far as what to do, I'd play the numbers and see which one you'd get a better deal on. I got a better deal just trading my 2.5i on a GT than buying the GT outright and selling the 2.5i privately.

I had a full audio system in my WRX that I just traded in for my 06 LGT and I am content with the stereo in the legacy. When my car was stock it rode butter smooth no creeks, squeeks or anything. I have had my car for a month today I am getting my tags on the car today and already have a full mod list going. I dont care about rattles, or anything else i would give that up for performance. I have driven a rsx, a girl I dated has a 05 type s and I hated that car. I fealt so much safer and had alot more fun in my wrx and even my LGT now then I ever did in the rsx. i say try to sell privately and buy the lgt and you wont be happier. If you do welcome to the world of torque which I fealt the rsx had non of. I dont know what you want out of the car as total or if you want to mod it but from my experience coming from a WRX with 25K in mods I couldnt be happier I traded it in for my LGT. I am going sleeper mode with this car and plan on doing a huge turbo upgrade in February. Good luck in your choice.

i actully had a 02 WRX for a brief period before the RSX. Decided to get rid of it for something newer (it had 70k and a few quirks). I miss the comfort I had with the Maxima, and the power potential I had with the WRX. I do like the MPG I get now and the Orange Metallic color, but a nice looking ABP or Gannett Red LGT will take care of that. The Legacy seems to be the best of both worlds of everything i've looked at. The nicest part is the depriciation curve is heavy enough on the Legacys that im making a close to even tradeoff for a car that cost 6-8k more new.

For a stock stereo... Honestly I hate it. Even the factory subwoofer didnt help much. I had to put in at least one 10" sub (have 2 now) for the sound to be anywhere near decent. The mids and highs are decent when you have subs, but if your trying to get the whole spectrum its not gonna do any justice. BUT!!! The new 07 stereo with the SRS WOW system is SOOOOOOOO much better. I just listened to it yesterday and I was pleasantly suprised at the great sound in comparison.

There are some rattles that can be fixxed. Firstly the dashboard on the drivers side, there is a walkthrough to get rid of that, but I havent done it yet, just shove some paper between the dash and the window. If you have the sunroof option you might hear some rattles up there... Other than that there are very few rattles in my car. Rattles drive me up a wall, so I fix it ASAP (rubber spacers holding things in place for the sunroof :p )

And you will always get more on private sale than trade in, but its all about how much time your willing to put into it, and the interest level of that area.

Good luck and welcome to the community. :)

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

You should keep your car. Trading in a car after 6500 mi is irresponsible. You are just going to do the same thing with your LGT after 7500 mi.

Try spending the next couple of years deciding what your next car will be and discipline yourself.

Sorry I just cant help myself - I have to try to give good advice even though you are going to call me an asshole and act like a sheep anyway.

Go for it =)

:lol: I know it is, thats why i'm never buying a car new again, as tempting as these 07s sounds. I can justify an 06 for 06 or 06 for 05 since its a close to even trade. I'm 22 and have had... 8 cars now, the most miles were put on my Maxima and 95 Legacy, a whopping 13,000 miles each. I had no problem with the Max, just that it was old and having too many problems. Plus it was FWD and unboosted. And the RSX was more of an impulse buy than anything unfortunatley. I can see myself actually keeping the LGT, well at least until the redesign in a couple years :lol:. Thanks for the advice.

i have an LGT with the upgraded subwoofer/amplifier and i thikn it sounds pretty good. I used to have a full system in my wrx and i still think the LGT sounds better. I thikn its the better acoustics in the LGT in terms of plushness. I also have a few rattles here and there, but nothing to complain about as they seem to correct themselves.

furthermore, i leased an 00 integra for a few years and you will LOVE the extra space in the LGT. =)

Stereo: On questions like this I always say...just go and listen to one and see what you think.

Rattles: Only big gripe is the shade on the wagon's monster moon roof--at times very squeeky. I don't think the sedan has that problem though. Other than that I've been fairly ok.

Archived