LegacyGT.com

Need advice: Slight lift & 15in Methods

OK.

Looking to get advice on what people think about my plans for a slight lift and meatier tires for the legacy.

Step 1: buy 1" strut spacers from Anderson Design Fab

https://andersondesign-fab.com/product/2010-2014-legacy-1-lift-kit/

Step 2: Buy 15" Method MR502 Vt Spec wheels

https://www.methodracewheels.com/collections/rally-wheels/products/mr502-rally-vt-spec

Step 3: Buy 205/75r15 tires if they fit

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Destination+A%2FT&partnum=075SR5DESTATOWL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Here it is on Will they fit - Stock vs. "NEW"

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=215&aspect=50&diameter=17&wheelwidth=7.5&offset=48&width2=205&aspect2=75&wheel_size=15&wheel_width=7&offset2=15

The reason for this is I commute 50 miles one way to work every day and I work at a paper mill. Sometimes I need to go out to look at equipment that is on level B roads. I am definitely getting my moneys worth out of my Primitive skid plates but I would like to at least lessen the beating they are taking and I'm due for new tires sometime within the next six months.

I would also like to add more sidewall hence the smaller wheels and taller tires, as the roads in the area I live are atrocious and I would like to add a little more comfort to the legacy.

Thoughts?

TIA

Have you checked to see if 15" wheels will clear the calipers? For some reason I was thinking 16" would be the smallest you could go with stock brakes

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I'm fairly confident due to the Method website stating that they fit most brake packages with rotors less than 300mm. I believe the MY2014 2.5 has 292mm front rotors. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You can get a fairly meaty tire onto a 16 and those definitely clear, we do have some fairly large wheel wells. Have you looked into the thread on lifting a legacy I know there are at least two separate members who did their own lift.

I have 1" strut spacers from Subtle Solutions and I like them. I was just on some 'jeep roads' today actually. I can tell you that even just the one inch makes a difference. I hear less clangs on the Primitive skit plate, and can handle the washed out sections better.

I just got Method Race Wheels MR502 18x8 with my 225/50r18 tires. It looks great and doesn't rub or anything. Willtheyfit.com says that's pretty close to what you have in mind.

I would seriously measure you brakes before you order though, 15" seems small for our cars. If you're getting them installed at Discount Tire CO I bet they'd be willing to try putting a 15" steelie on there just to confirm fitment before you order. You could also see if MRW will tell you the inside measurement of the wheel so that you can take a ruler out and verify yourself.

I have 1" strut spacers from Subtle Solutions and I like them. I was just on some 'jeep roads' today actually. I can tell you that even just the one inch makes a difference. I hear less clangs on the Primitive skit plate, and can handle the washed out sections better.

I just got Method Race Wheels MR502 18x8 with my 225/50r18 tires. It looks great and doesn't rub or anything. Willtheyfit.com says that's pretty close to what you have in mind.

I would seriously measure you brakes before you order though, 15" seems small for our cars. If you're getting them installed at Discount Tire CO I bet they'd be willing to try putting a 15" steelie on there just to confirm fitment before you order. You could also see if MRW will tell you the inside measurement of the wheel so that you can take a ruler out and verify yourself.

Did you have any problems getting correct alignment with the 1” top hat spacers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You wouldn't need custom toe arms, SPC makes some quality ones that will work just fine.

I may be wrong, but I thought that this guy had to get custom toe arms when he installed his Outback suspension: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/project-legacy-gt-outback-begins-244041.html?t=244041&highlight=outback

If this turns out to not be the case, I may look into King raising springs before my next alignment.

So I found some cheap 16” steelies and will go that route for now.

gteaser are you saying that I will or will not need new toe arms with a 1” lift?

So I found some cheap 16” steelies and will go that route for now.

gteaser are you saying that I will or will not need new toe arms with a 1” lift?

I was just saying that you certainly would not need anything custom. You shouldn't need them for a 1" lift, but if you did, SPC toe arms have ample adjustment and are readily available.

Archived