LegacyGT.com

Window weather stripping problem

Has anyone else had a problem with their Fifth Gen window weatherstripping folding in on itself when you roll the window down? Occasionally when I roll the window down the rubber stripping will catch the middle of the glass on the inside of the door and by the time it reaches fully open it is stressing the motor and almost unable to return back up without assistance. I recently had the driverside door panels weatherstripping changed due to this issue. Now my passenger side is doing the same thing and I want to perhaps fix it myself if at all possible. Any tips/fixes or products I can use?

No I'm not a smoker. I will try cleaning it well. It only happens when my window is all the way up and then rolled down. When I roll the window up it makes a very tight seal obviously. So I'm gonna clean it and see what will happen if I flex the rubber a bit as well. More suggestions welcome.

I never had an issue with my 2007 Legacy, but the 2014 seems to have a slightly taller weather-stripping. its driving me nuts. The driver side door actually made the panel push and rip the tabs off making the leather like panel under the window loose. I don't want it to reach that point. I will be running some examination on it this weekend.

I had a similar problem with my passenger's side door. It was sticking at the top and it made a terrible "pop pop" sound when the window would be opened.

I used some Honda Shin-Etsu grease around the weather stripping. No more popping and the window makes a better seal closing. db64f24ebbef347fc579f4f0e0344480.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

amidroc, so you used that on the weather seal at the bottom? the outside and inside weather sripping when the window is down?
Yep. Just dont use too much. A little goes a long way. You will have a little residue on the top 1/4" of the window and a bit of streaking for a while.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The Gummi Pflege worked and prevents the weather stripping from being eaten by the window. It took about a day for the stripping to settle and start functioning properly again. Thanks Gteaser for the recommendation and amidroc for the recommendation with the grease. if it starts up again I will certainly try the grease considering it is more of a grease product rather than a hydrating product like Pflege.

I also ran the Pflege on all of the door seals on my Legacy and the windows no longer have that slight sticking pop and the stripping is certainly a deeper, healthier looking black.

Archived