LegacyGT.com

Engine Stalls Upon Hard Braking

My 2012 2.5i Limited has recently started stalling if it hit my brakes too hard. Not even a panic stop, just firm braking. All of the lights illuminate but after putting the car into park, it starts back up and runs perfectly fine. I have done a bit of research and found that it could be a faulty ICA Valve, faulty torque convertor, a vacuum leak (which I find highly doubtful considering everything runs and works like normal until I hit the brakes a little hard.), or the least unlikely is a faulty/overly sensitive engine immobilizer. You guys ever had this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: went to move my car and my dashboard is lit up like a Christmas Tree. My friends 2010 Tribeca had the exact same lights on but she never found out what the problem was. She's idles fine. I don't understand. d78aa294bfd26c883b0015ff024a979b.jpg

Update: went to move my car and my dashboard is lit up like a Christmas Tree. My friends 2010 Tribeca had the exact same lights on but she never found out what the problem was. She's idles fine. I don't understand. d78aa294bfd26c883b0015ff024a979b.jpg

Cruise Control is also flashing.

The dash lights are Subaru's way of getting your attention that your check engine light is on. Have your codes pulled and fill in your model/trim information and we can help you better. If you have a cvt this issue has been discussed a lot with torque converter failures.

The dash lights are Subaru's way of getting your attention that your check engine light is on. Have your codes pulled and fill in your model/trim information and we can help you better. If you have a cvt this issue has been discussed a lot with torque converter failures.

Codes were pulled. O2 Sensor and Mass Air Flow Sensor. Lights weren't cleared but went off while I was on my way home. It's a 2012 Legacy 2.5i Limited PZEV. 96K miles.

I have been planning on ordering spark plugs for some time now. I doubt they have ever been changed. I might try to order them tomorrow. If I can get it to throw a code again, I'll be taking it to my local dealer to be fixed. An extended warranty I purchased covers literally anything under the hood that isn't routine, so I'll make use of it lol

• 1 month later...
I know this is an old thread...this sound like the same issue as my 2010 2.5i with CVT. I took it to the dealer and they are replacing the torque converter.

She’s at the dealer for a new issue. I actually forgot to mention that to them, but I will when they call me tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me. Lol

Archived