LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

This guy put up a couple JDM front clips and I've been keeping an eye on him. Trying to find out if he can get a facelift Outback front clip in black.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-2005-2008-Subaru-Legacy-Nose-Cut-w-Radiator-Support-Hood-Fenders-HID/283411061464?hash=item41fc9d9ad8%3Ag%3AfgsAAOSw4ylchBKh&LH_ItemCondition=4

This one is pre-facelift, but includes rear bumper and side skirts, too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-2005-2008-Subaru-Legacy-Nose-Cut-w-Radiator-Support-Hood-Fenders-HID/283411123480?hash=item41fc9e8d18%3Ag%3AFyEAAOSwXCVchCFn&LH_ItemCondition=4

Edited by Somac

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I tell what year a nose cut is? is it just looking at it and comparing to known facelifts?

Headlights r the dead giveaway. There r a few other subtle features but that’s the main one

Pre facelift

IMG_4680.thumb.jpg.98a0621c4a1325ff250544cde18a50f3.jpg

Facelift

IMG_4679.thumb.jpg.b0a8440366ca81a8af2fb221fcb56b24.jpg

If you need stuff imported, contact hkc-speed on here. They have a Canadian office and can help you out.

With all due respect to Randy, most of his stuff tends to be pretty highly priced. He usually quotes around double the price of what most other importers want for stuff.

If it's something rare that you want him to track down and you don't feel like checking YAJ, I'm sure he's great, but otherwise, you can get better deals virtually anywhere else.

He was selling a JDM Outback rear bumper for $700. I sent him an offer as an "In case you need to get rid of it and no one else offers anything" price. He scoffed at it and rejected the offer, so I went with a different importer and paid under $400 shipped for the same thing.

Edited by Somac

With all due respect to Randy, most of his stuff tends to be pretty highly priced. He usually quotes around double the price of what most other importers want for stuff.

If it's something rare that you want him to track down and you don't feel like checking YAJ, I'm sure he's great, but otherwise, you can get better deals virtually anywhere else.

He was selling a JDM Outback rear bumper for $700. I sent him an offer as an "In case you need to get rid of it and no one else offers anything" price. He scoffed at it and rejected the offer, so I went with a different importer and paid under $400 shipped for the same thing.

actually have had great/fair pricing from him. bought s402 wheels from him and he worked with me. also bought a bp5 post lip too. there are other sellers out there, but these bigger parts are a pain cost wise to ship. all you can do is shop around. if you find a better price, cool.

actually have had great/fair pricing from him. bought s402 wheels from him and he worked with me. also bought a bp5 post lip too. there are other sellers out there, but these bigger parts are a pain cost wise to ship. all you can do is shop around. if you find a better price, cool.

By all means, feel free. I've got no issue with his stuff other than price. Maybe that's just broke me talking.

In other news, my mirrors showed up today as I was leaving for work.

h0tlFxI.jpg

They seem to be in great condition so I'm pretty happy about that. Getting another JDM switch panel bezel in black so that it'll have the proper headlight leveling label on it instead of using my current USDM one.

Edited by Somac

Who wants a front JDM Legacy post face-lift bumper for a really great price (I mean it) :spin:? I need to create a for-sale thread. But, anyone interested though? I need to get rid of it. I have no use for it. It includes fog lights as well in great shape.

Wraps all done aside for some gloss black trim work. Few peeks of the JDM front n rear bumpers. Lovin the drastic light to shadow tone change on this wrap!! The dark gray to an almost chrome/titanium is just ridiculous!!

IMG_4703.thumb.jpg.b86dfde540e36a2f78f6519df0918245.jpg

IMG_4704.thumb.jpg.1a3a4151211be6734ca20025b9e91959.jpg

Greetings,

I've had my car at the body shop for way too long and they finally started working on it last week. Since I had my front clip delivered to them, they were going to give it a go. The guy they had working on it got the hood and right fender on and swapped the beam from the clip. Then they called and said the parts just weren't lining up. The paint isn't a good match, but I can live with it for now. This is a pic they sent...

attachment.php?attachmentid=274159&stc=1&d=1552896267

It looked alright to me but it turns out they were trying to use my existing lower mounts and hadn't trimmed the plastics. I politely paid them for their time and brought my car home, and now I'm finishing the job.

attachment.php?attachmentid=274160&stc=1&d=1552896267

I got the plastics trimmed and front bumper cover and lights all fitted today and then pulled most of it back off to deal with wiring the lights, which I'll do tomorrow.

I started stripping the rest of the parts off of the clip and realized, "Hey... I have the entire harness from the fuse box forward!"

attachment.php?attachmentid=274161&stc=1&d=1552896267

Then I got to wondering, How hard could it be, and would swapping the harness even work? I don't think I've read of anyone doing it here. I assume it would be more work than it's worth, but I have to at least ask... have any of you guys done it?

attachment.php?attachmentid=274162&stc=1&d=1552896267

attachment.php?attachmentid=274163&stc=1&d=1552896267

Thanks,

-JH

Well I answered my own question pretty quickly when I got a good look today. The wires and plugs at the fuse box don’t even match up.

I ended up doing what most guys do, I suppose. I used the two pin plug for the turn signals and DRLs, splicing the JDM connectors to the cars harness. I spliced the USDM connector to the rest of the JDM headlight harness. All of the tutorials I could find must have been for other years as most of the wire colors in them did not match mine. Only one mistake was made (hooking the DRL and signal up backward on the driver side), but it was quickly fixed.

The lip is pretty beat up, the paint mismatch is gonna wear on me pretty soon I think, she needs a bath and I need some new clips in a few spots, but I’ll be driving her to work tomorrow!

[emoji1365]-JH

IMG_0898.jpg.34af2850ef0e5af50faade1e4144e741.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by hurricane7

Who wants a front JDM Legacy post face-lift bumper for a really great price (I mean it) :spin:? I need to create a for-sale thread. But, anyone interested though? I need to get rid of it. I have no use for it. It includes fog lights as well in great shape.

Yeh.

@ampmcv

• 4 weeks later...