LegacyGT.com

2020 Legacy Sedan is making its approach

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm relieved they brought the 2.4T to the Legacy. Now to determine the unlikeliness of obtaining the 2.4T without a sunroof...

I do ponder if they have enough 3.6 engine blocks in storage to last the next decade for engine replacements though... :iam:

Considering those engines last 200k + easy, i doubt there will be much need. Unless your boosting, then you'll need a bunch lol

Decisions Decisions.. Well at least i have maybe another 6 months to figure it out. Do we get the last of the 3.6Rs via 2019 Legacy

I wouldn't be surprised if Subaru cuts of the 3.6R orders in the next month or two based on what they have done historically in the past.

I wouldn't be surprised if Subaru cuts of the 3.6R orders in the next month or two based on what they have done historically in the past.

Probably right about ordering one. My thoughts were more on any 3.6Rs still on the lots for sale. If not then my choices are down to only two, the Ascent or 2020 Legacy.

That’s what they do before summer, so I expect them cut it off by May at the latest.

They will start mass producing the new cars and obviously they need to cut cost by not having to make another engine.

Dealers will continue to order 3.6 cars (if needed) until SOA tells them to knock it off and most likely a final available order date has already been issued. They have long since projected how many engines they'll need until the new model is available for ordering and have most likely stopped production on the 3.6 already, having built all the numbers say they will need, including any possible warranty replacements.

Production facilities have likely already began to ramp up production on the 2.4DIT to include Legacy and dropped the 3.6.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Watching the intro vids and photos, I noticed a couple more minor details:

1) Goodbye Goodyears, hello Yokohamas = yay!

2) Goodbye trunk struts, hello trunk hinges = meh.

3) Lane Keep Assist that might actually work = yay.

Looking forward seeing what the new Outback brings to the table!

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Yup, FAxxDITs all see carbon build up galore... regardless of catch-cans, AOSs.

Water/meth injection or walnut blasting every 30/60K depending on use.

For what it's worth:

Back when Accord introduced DI in 9th gen Accord, lots of people on Accord forum lost their collective minds about carbon buildup. I go there often as I have 2 Accords (7th and 9th gen - a 2017). After many mega-threads about DI and carbon buildup, I don't think I have ever seen a single thread where someone had to do something about it or an engine had to be torn down because of it to the point to see the carbon buildup. There are multiple 9th gens with 300K+ on the clock.

That's not to say that Subaru might not have an issue with this; but I think the blasting every 30-60K does not have to be a thing, on a modern DI engine (and Accord 9th gen does not have dual/hybrid injection like I think Camry does).

(shrug!)

EDIT: new Civic engines are using DI also, BTW; this is a photo that one of Civic tuner vendors took of Civic valves @ 35K miles (note that new Civics are all turbo charged, 9th gen Accord is not)

Edited by bigboy292000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Watching the intro vids and photos, I noticed a couple more minor details:

1) Goodbye Goodyears, hello Yokohamas = yay!

2) Goodbye trunk struts, hello trunk hinges = meh.

3) Lane Keep Assist that might actually work = yay.

Looking forward seeing what the new Outback brings to the table!

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Don’t forget no more front hood struts, back to the damn stick prop. More cost cutting.

The tires could be region based.

Until they bring the JDM eyesight next version the current eyesight is meh. The JDM one can be driven in traffic and recognizes signal lights and can be driven in the city. I think we are still few years away from that to be brought to the US.

Don’t forget no more front hood struts, back to the damn stick prop. More cost cutting.

The tires could be region based.

Until they bring the JDM eyesight next version the current eyesight is meh. The JDM one can be driven in traffic and recognizes signal lights and can be driven in the city. I think we are still few years away from that to be brought to the US.

Honestly, the struts are meh, it is cool but doesn't REALLY serve that much purpose.

For the boot, having the non-strut is actually better in certain conditions (you can easily lift it). The bonnet I wish they remained strut as I don't like the prop rod but meh, if it saves 50 bucks then sure.

• 2 weeks later...
I am somewhat disappointed that they didn't keep the struts on the trunk or hood but definitely not a deal breaker. However I am interested for the Legacy and Outback Turbo's to get to dealer lots as I am very interested to see how they drive. The thing that makes me nervous going back to a Subie is quality. I owned a 16 Legacy for 13 months before trading because of the issues. It was my first brand new car and I had grown to like Subaru's over time because of the AWD, and reputation for quality. Well the problems started almost immediately after purchase and continued through the length of ownership. Blind spot problems, radio and electrical issues, and coolant loss. After several trips to the dealer with no real solutions and reaching out to Subaru of America for help I didn't get any. That was a huge let down and caused me to leave the Subaru family. Seeing the updates and remembering how much I liked my 16 it keeps me looking back at them but I am hesitant. Do you all think after Subaru's quality slump they are back on the upswing?

I am somewhat disappointed that they didn't keep the struts on the trunk or hood but definitely not a deal breaker. However I am interested for the Legacy and Outback Turbo's to get to dealer lots as I am very interested to see how they drive. The thing that makes me nervous going back to a Subie is quality. I owned a 16 Legacy for 13 months before trading because of the issues. It was my first brand new car and I had grown to like Subaru's over time because of the AWD, and reputation for quality. Well the problems started almost immediately after purchase and continued through the length of ownership. Blind spot problems, radio and electrical issues, and coolant loss. After several trips to the dealer with no real solutions and reaching out to Subaru of America for help I didn't get any. That was a huge let down and caused me to leave the Subaru family. Seeing the updates and remembering how much I liked my 16 it keeps me looking back at them but I am hesitant. Do you all think after Subaru's quality slump they are back on the upswing?

All I can offer is anecdotal evidence: I have a '17 Legacy 2.5i Limited with over 63K miles and no discernable problems. I service the car as it should be, when it should be. (I'll admit that 60K service was a shock to the wallet, though! If there's something that keeps me away from another Subie, it'll be maintenance costs.)

Oh, and there's this: https://carbuzz.com/news/subaru-crowned-king-as-consumer-reports-top-ranked-brand

Do you all think after Subaru's quality slump they are back on the upswing?

While I understand your disappointment, I think your experience with your 2016 Legacy was atypical.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

All I can offer is anecdotal evidence: I have a '17 Legacy 2.5i Limited with over 63K miles and no discernable problems. I service the car as it should be, when it should be. (I'll admit that 60K service was a shock to the wallet, though! If there's something that keeps me away from another Subie, it'll be maintenance costs.)

Oh, and there's this: https://carbuzz.com/news/subaru-crowned-king-as-consumer-reports-top-ranked-brand

You were taken advantage of by the dealer, most likely... :rolleyes:

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

I really do like the new 2020 Outback XT. If I was in the market for a new car, that would be the one. For now, I'll keep working on my 05 Outback XT and telling my friends I'm "borderline ready to get rid of it" when I get frustrated with fixing the mods I do to it.