LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Maybe try to get some Mothers Plastic Polish or Headlight restore kit.. What did you use on the Headlights?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I bought the polish and then misplaced it. I just wet sanded it and applied a clear enamel. I think I sanded through part of the clear coat smh hence the hazy parts showing up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I’ve used toothpaste before which works great and I’ve also used the 3m kit which uses a power drill w multiple pads honestly both had great results

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

I bought the polish and then misplaced it. I just wet sanded it and applied a clear enamel. I think I sanded through part of the clear coat smh hence the hazy parts showing up.

Sanding takes off the protective layer and leaves sanding marks. You're in already, might as well go all the way :)

What you want to do is get a very high grit sanding paper like 3000 or 5000 grit. Wet sand the lights and then use a polish followed by a finishing polish.

Then protect.

If you skip the polish part its going to look hazy

Sanding takes off the protective layer and leaves sanding marks. You're in already, might as well go all the way :)

What you want to do is get a very high grit sanding paper like 3000 or 5000 grit. Wet sand the lights and then use a polish followed by a finishing polish.

Then protect.

If you skip the polish part its going to look hazy

If you get them back to Normal get some Xpel Clear Bra and put it on the Lights it will keep them from fading..

Explain the process you used, in detail please.

If you get them back to Normal get some Xpel Clear Bra and put it on the Lights it will keep them from fading..

Or spray clear coat.

I made the mistake of refinishing the lights in my previous '97 LGT and ended up right where you are now, OP. I ended up polishing them monthly with Nufinish to keep the haze down.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

So I was on a mission to find the Meguiars Polish and other stuff and the guys at Walmart said they'd buff it out and refinish for $25. So I think I'm going to go that avenue and see how it turns out. Sheesh hopefully they'll do a better job than me.

On a separate note, got a new bumper put on the car today. My car looks brand new, no rock chips. Got to drive a Dodge Challenger for my rental.306b2718df20111ae47af6991efae252.jpg

See when you said get them back to normal, that low key made me nervous. I will definitely be getting that clear bra, rock chips are no joke.

See when you said get them back to normal, that low key made me nervous. I will definitely be getting that clear bra, rock chips are no joke.

Since you just got a New Bumpers you should XPEL the Bumper too.. I have my Bumper Hood Mirrors and Door Cups done..

Since you just got a New Bumpers you should XPEL the Bumper too.. I have my Bumper Hood Mirrors and Door Cups done..

I really want to do this but that clear bra is pricey not to mention installation [emoji24]

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished installing Pedal Commander and tested it for a while,man I gotta say I’m impress on the throttle response, even on city mode +1 level definitely feel the difference

And tried the sports + mode level 4,OMG tires peels off on take off,I gotta say it made driving the car much much more fun to drive!!!

Just finished installing Pedal Commander and tested it for a while,man I gotta say I’m impress on the throttle response, even on city mode +1 level definitely feel the difference

And tried the sports + mode level 4,OMG tires peels off on take off,I gotta say it made driving the car much much more fun to drive!!!

I tried it last year, but for the opposite reason. My throttle is way too touchy, used it to deaden the throttle some. Ended up returning it as it wasn’t worth the $$ for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Nice I thought about about getting one. I know it connects ti the throttle connector, but does it also connect to the OBD port? Only reason I ask is because I have my Damd Performance Wheel plugged into my OBD Port.. Thanks

Very Nice I thought about about getting one. I know it connects ti the throttle connector, but does it also connect to the OBD port? Only reason I ask is because I have my Damd Performance Wheel plugged into my OBD Port.. Thanks

No it does not plug to the OBD port,only on the gas pedal plug,if you decide to get one make sure your key fob is away from your car,or disconnect - battery wire.

I’ve wanted one as well read a review of a different car that accelerated on its own with it which made me nervous. Can you set it for normal if someone else drives my car? Do you notice In general quicker acceleration when doing high way on ramp accelerations? Is it any better then when we just ramp up the acceleration with our foot? Where did you mount the controller? Can you change the settings while driving? Like when u get to stop and go traffic on the highway I would assume the touchy peddle would be annoying. Last question got a link from where u purchased it from?

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

I’ve wanted one as well read a review of a different car that accelerated on its own with it which made me nervous. Can you set it for normal if someone else drives my car? Do you notice In general quicker acceleration when doing high way on ramp accelerations? Is it any better then when we just ramp up the acceleration with our foot? Where did you mount the controller? Can you change the settings while driving? Like when u get to stop and go traffic on the highway I would assume the touchy peddle would be annoying. Last question got a link from where u purchased it from?

Yes all you need to do is turn off and it’s back to stock,as for switching mode you change it when at a stop,you definitely will feel the difference in acceleration even in the city mode level 1.the pedal gets touchy when you are on sport or sport + mode,and yes much different than just ramping up with our foot,definitely will feel it. I ordered mine at their website they r running $50 off right now.

If I’m not mistaken you change mode/setting level as long as your foot is not on the gas pedal completely.

—————————————————

More to come...

image.thumb.jpg.1d4ed7a396efb1cfc8a147310fe9b93e.jpg

Edited by PATS4LIFE

Thanks for the info just found mine on Amazon $249.99 w/ free shipping. Their site had it for the same price but charged $9 to ship.

—————————————————

More to come...

Thanks for the info just found mine on Amazon $249.99 w/ free shipping. Their site had it for the same price but charged $9 to ship.

Oh cool ya I had to pay $9 shipping.

—————————————————

More to come...

No it does not plug to the OBD port,only on the gas pedal plug,if you decide to get one make sure your key fob is away from your car,or disconnect - battery wire.
Any time I deal with connectors Inalways disconnect the battery to prevent any type of shorts or ECU Damage.. I might look into this since its a direct plug in to accelerator harness..

Gave the Legacy a shower and hot wax ;) It's usual annual run through the car wash, and did the oil change. With covid and all I had only put on 4700 miles since the last oil change in October last year.

Given that it may be sitting in the garage for most of the winter, I decided to throw the winters on the outback this season.

Well Pats4Life u convinced me to get the pedal commander installed today. I find it easy to have my phone in the cup holder with screen on in app to make changes on the go. First reaction city and sport seem good to me. Sport+ is just a blast of fun bit sucks if you are trying to get to the highway in slow traffic it has the most touchy peddle ever this way it is actually tiring using it with the lightest touch. Now the issue..... I’m in the highway using sport get off the highway to another on ramp lay off the gas hit sport+ wait till phone says it’s good and take the on ramp like a bat outa hell so much pickup feels real nice. Get up to stop and go traffic lay off gas go to city mode boom cars in Limp mode can barely accelerate get to a lot take my scanner out clear code and I’m off again in city mode. Now even though I cleared this code my new scanner still shows it as a permanent code P2122. Car doesn’t show it and drives fine but the scanner shows it. I’ll test this thing out more tomorrow on the way to work but if anyone goes to use this thing you best have a scanner with you at all times in case Limp happens to you too. I’m not giving up on this thing yet sport+ was just too much fun to walk away now. I think you might have to go between modes slowly instead of city to sport+ which prob was to big of a change to trigger it.

—————————————————

More to come...

Well Pats4Life u convinced me to get the pedal commander installed today. I find it easy to have my phone in the cup holder with screen on in app to make changes on the go. First reaction city and sport seem good to me. Sport+ is just a blast of fun bit sucks if you are trying to get to the highway in slow traffic it has the most touchy peddle ever this way it is actually tiring using it with the lightest touch. Now the issue..... I’m in the highway using sport get off the highway to another on ramp lay off the gas hit sport+ wait till phone says it’s good and take the on ramp like a bat outa hell so much pickup feels real nice. Get up to stop and go traffic lay off gas go to city mode boom cars in Limp mode can barely accelerate get to a lot take my scanner out clear code and I’m off again in city mode. Now even though I cleared this code my new scanner still shows it as a permanent code P2122. Car doesn’t show it and drives fine but the scanner shows it. I’ll test this thing out more tomorrow on the way to work but if anyone goes to use this thing you best have a scanner with you at all times in case Limp happens to you too. I’m not giving up on this thing yet sport+ was just too much fun to walk away now. I think you might have to go between modes slowly instead of city to sport+ which prob was to big of a change to trigger it.

Ya it will trigger limp mode if you switch mode on the go,I only switch mode when my foot is off the gas pedal completely.have you tried to disconnect battery to see if it’ll get rid of the code completely?so far for me no codes,I’ve tried sport + level 4 few times already and scares me at times on take off.

—————————————————

More to come...

Btw if your concerned about your obd port,you can get the obd port splitter.