LegacyGT.com

What type of gas to use

Thanks for the reply. My main concern was if it'll cause any damage to the car in the long run.

Forgot to mention I currently have 60K miles on my car.

Thanks,

Whatever the reasons you have for cheaping out usually do not justify the negative effects. ;)

Whatever the reasons you have for cheaping out usually do not justify the negative effects. ;)

ahah noted.

Just trying to think of ways where I can cut cost that's all.

I swear the price difference between 89 and 93 used to be around 30-40 cents/gallon.

Here in Chicago its around 75-80 cents difference between 89 and 93.

Can't recall who but someone has built a flexfuel map for Subaru. Might be worth some research.

Delicious Tuning with Cobb Access Port. I think EcuTek might also make one. Nothing for Open source yet.

Seriously? How does it perform? Any noticeable side effects? Did you have to make any modifications to the car?

For our cars (2.5 turbos) you need at least larger injectors and a larger fuel pump. 30% less gas mileage. The noticeable side effect is more power :D.

You probably don't want to do it until you have the following though:

Injectors (850-1000cc talk with your tuner)

Downpipe

TMIC

Catless uppipe (if your car came with a catted one)

Money set aside for a new clutch

Fuel pump

I am probably missing something. Just saw you are in Denver. Cryotune is right near you and tunes a bunch of cars for E85. I think at that elevation you don't even need injectors. But talk with Cryotune.

Thanks for the information OB2.5XT. Given all that I'm very unlikely to make modifications for this use. Thought it would be cool to try if there weren't any modifications that needed to be made. Since that's not the case it looks like it's still premium gas for me.

I say run Avgas... Higher octane, higher boost!

But really my 2c is run quality fuel (Chevron... Or Chevron)lol and go ahead and try a tank of reg and then a tank of premium and you might be surprised to see the difference in MPG, and pinging.

Wait until a BMW pulls in - and buys premium, when he leaves - go buy 1 gal of regular from the same pump- the fuel in the hose is about 1 Gal - and you will be getting the back end of his pump!! Drive 20 miles a do it again... hahah

Archived