LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

That should be a windows 10 screen saver.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

AHHHHHHHHHHH....

I think it's clutch time... dammit........ lol

My options are ...

exedy and act... trying to figure out which to go with...

exedy 15952 + FF502A flywheel

ACT

SB11-HDSS

These two are readily available to me, i'm not sure... they are both equally reviewed/talked about.

Southbend isn't readily available?

I have an ACT HDSS. It's ok. It took a really long time for shifting to even out and stop jerking the car around, but it's pretty decent now. Personally, I'd probably go with a Southbend Stage 2 clutch next time. Is the Exedy just the stock clutch? If you're adding power, you might want something more robust.

AHHHHHHHHHHH....

I think it's clutch time... dammit........ lol

My options are ...

exedy and act... trying to figure out which to go with...

exedy 15952 + FF502A flywheel

ACT

SB11-HDSS

These two are readily available to me, i'm not sure... they are both equally reviewed/talked about.

I absolutely love my Stage 2 Competition clutch. Price is great. Performance is awesome, engagement is perfect.

Any negetive feedback I've read about must have been from people who ride the crap out of their clutch.

I absolutely love my Stage 2 Competition clutch. Price is great. Performance is awesome, engagement is perfect.

Any negetive feedback I've read about must have been from people who ride the crap out of their clutch.

You have the exedy with an oem flywheel right?... did you resurface the flywheel or just get a new oem?

Ran CC stage 2.5 for a long time 100k miles - great clutch, bit chatty going into 1st every so often - but no big deal. However, AWDtuning switched me out to my first ACT HD clutch and I feel (for me) its a much better engaging clutch. Now, they chose that for my power and I have yet to have much, if at all, chatter. So - call me a believer! But, I do think that many times its the installer's awesomeness that cleans it up.

According to the original owner of my GT, the TOB started making noise around 50k miles and was done under warranty. He said the dealer told him clutch was about 50% worn at that point. Since I am at 107k miles now, I just realize the TOB could become an issue at sometime in the near future.

My clutch was always stiff, so I figured it would be sooner rather than later I would be doing the clutch. When i changed it out though the clutch had plenty of life left. The TOB was dry and spewing rust everywhere. The fork was also devoid of lube on the pivot ball.

And now the clutch is much easier to push.

I'm still on stock clutch at jus over 115k. How long has everyones lasted?

I had mine replaced back at ~130k when my head gaskets were done. I was surprised to find it was still the factory clutch

I made it 130k on the stock clutch but the TOB fork failed (pivot ball punched through the fork) which caused the clutch and TOB to go, the TOB honestly needed changed @ 90k but it didn't sound any different then, as it did the day I took it out. I bet I could of made it another 20k+ easy if the fork didn't fail.

I know I voted for him, and I had high hopes...but is there no limit to this man's lack of business sense?

I thought all his bankrupcies were a ploy to evade taxes. I was so very wrong.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I know I voted for him, and I had high hopes...but is there no limit to this man's lack of business sense?

I'm curious what part of his multitude of lawsuits and dwindling family fortune seemed like he would be a good businessman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

http://78.media.tumblr.com/44fb00d7ed24d657d0dc3901c52651fc/tumblr_n68ax1xNjg1qeidy7o1_250.gif

Just getting out in front of this one, but let's try to keep it politically neutral in here. Nobody is going to agree with anybody else, and nobody wants to read the bickering.

Also, I was hoping we'd get more snow this winter than we did, but now that it's getting up into the 40s and 50s during the day, I'm okay with winter being done. Out with sledding, in with disc golf.