LegacyGT.com

Stupid question about saggy butt disease

I got myself a set of H&R springs to finally lower the car a little.

The front are on as of this moment, and the car is actually almost perfectly even right now, with H&R fronts and stocks in the back. But it's only like that because the butt is saggy obviously.

So my question is, if I install H&R springs on the rears, are they still going to be even lower that the saggy stocks?

The height all around is perfect right now, but I'd rather not have mismatched springs, so I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to keep the same even height with H&Rs.

I know that I can always put the new springs on in the back, and then if it's too low, add the spacers. But naturally I'd prefer not to do double the work, removing the struts again later for the spacers.

My H&Rs have a saggy butt spacer and mine is 3/8" inch. Here's a pic or two.

[ATTACH]286159[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]286160[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]286161[/ATTACH]

I have a sedan, would that make a difference?

And after what size spacer would I need longer studs?

What is the status of your shocks? New shocks can give you some ride height back.

I run Epic springs in the front of my wagon and the OEM springs in the rear. I’d rather use the OEM springs rather than use spacers. It also makes for a more plush ride with the OEM equipment in the rear while giving my car the slight rake I’m looking for.

What is the status of your shocks? New shocks can give you some ride height back.

I run Epic springs in the front of my wagon and the OEM springs in the rear. I’d rather use the OEM springs rather than use spacers. It also makes for a more plush ride with the OEM equipment in the rear while giving my car the slight rake I’m looking for.

Mine have a lot of kms on them.

I know the front will die soon because of the new springs.

I'm thinking I'll leave everything as is for now, and change the springs together with shocks when the time comes.

I have a sedan, would that make a difference?

And after what size spacer would I need longer studs?

I wish I had used a 1/4" spacer on the wagon as the rear often sits just a smidge too high. I think they'd look less saggy on the sedan. I used larger studs on my spacer. I'd just use the larger studs to be safe on any spacer.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/picture-request-legacy-lowered-h-r-springs-129358.html

Here's a thread about the H&R springs.

I wish I had used a 1/4" spacer on the wagon as the rear often sits just a smidge too high. I think they'd look less saggy on the sedan. I used larger studs on my spacer. I'd just use the larger studs to be safe on any spacer.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/picture-request-legacy-lowered-h-r-springs-129358.html

Here's a thread about the H&R springs.

Interesting. In your pics I'd say the front is a bit higher, rather than the rear.

Interesting. In your pics I'd say the front is a bit higher, rather than the rear.

I think it's because of the hill the car is parked on slightly skewing it.

Here's level ground the next couple days after the springs had settled.

Capture.JPG.dbc69f8ca3967652b9688d4afec30f37.JPG