LegacyGT.com

Exhaust decision?

I have an 06 lgt can't decide witch exhaust setup to get! Was looking at invidia up pipe Cobb downpipe and either invidia q300 or a magnaflow any suggestions? New to upgrading cars and still learning!

Don't want it too loud but I gotta have the boxer rumble

Lok thru the photo forum, you'll see some there. Or check the exhuast sound clip forum.

Or google Legacy GT exhaust watch them on youtube.

I have a stock mid pipe and custom axle back on my wagon, it has a deep rumble and sounds more V8'ish.

You can try the washer in the flange trick too. http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/walkthroughs-performance-modifications-37.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have owned the magnaflow catback and did not like it. Alot of people think its loud but i thought it was too quiet and mellow sounding, possibly because i am used to my perrin cbe. I've heard the q300 alot too and i really like it, it is deffinitly louder and sounds alot like my perrin IMO.

Unless,will you be taking your cats out or going with a catted down pipe? If you get rid of all your cats like i did, you need to make sure you know the place that is doing your inspections and they do do a visual. Just plug it in and submit to where ever it has to go.

I had a Magnaflow and hated it. It droned like a bitch. Sometimes it sounded like there was a Huey helicopter in the car with me. That was with the stock manifold, stock turbo, stock UP, and an Invidia catless downpipe.

I now have an Invidia Q300 and love it. My setup is different now than it was with the Magnaflow. I now have an ELH, UP, and TD06H turbine. The ELH gets rid of a lot of the drone, so maybe the Magnaflow wouldn't have been so bad with it.

That being said, the Invidia is loud as hell when I get on it. But, there's practically no drone at highway speeds and sounds really good just cruising.

• 4 months later...

Archived