LegacyGT.com

Green plugs under dash 05 LGT

Did some research could not find the answer I needed. Had a vacuum leak fixed last week at AZP. and sent a new log to Cobb, Bill said to reset the ECU. so I wasn't sure if I needed to plug the green connectors for this process. When I was looking for them under the Carpet on the passenger side the only green plugs were tucked up high were connected, now when I installed the AP and went stage 1, they were right there hanging.

A little background info, my Motor blew and long bock and turbo replaced by SOA, when I got it back the Cobb map was still installed, No lights flashing, car runs great but confused on why they are connected??

I reset the ECU and it's reading fine, any help would be great

Thanks

Bx

car shouldn't even start if the plugs are connected. you sure you're looking at the right connectors?

Thank you, and Thank you to all! I was looking at the wrong plugs, the correct ones were tuck under the floor board.

• 4 weeks later...

Wait, don't everyone leave just yet....

Question:

I threw 2 codes in the last couple months, which disabled the cruise / traction control.

Dealer said the 1st was a gascap code, so no huge deal. 2nd time, I got annoyed, and went back (I've been closing gascaps since before you were...well for a long time). More annoyed when the dealer said it was a "missfire" and I needed an induction cleaning (I felt like he was calling me a sucker :mad:). Since warranty was within 1 week of expiring, I agreed to it, to rule out..in case it were something much worse. I get the car back, it runs about the same (not bad, not perfect), no CEL. Drive it for about 2 weeks, now the warranty is officially over. Yesterday I open the passenger door and notice 2 green connectors hanging down from the dash (you don't see them from the driver's seat). First impulse was to connect them. That didn't go well: CEL lit up, and radiator fan went into convulsions. Unplugged them. Situation back to normal....I hope. All I could think was that the dealer disconnected something, masking the problem until the warranty expired.

So just to be sure, are these supposed to be disconnected and hanging loose? Wurkinman thinks so...if we are talking about the same connectors. 2 bright green connectors that just begged to be connected...no nul or blank inbetween???

to reset ecu disconnect battery for 10 seconds..

or you can find the fuse that feeds the ecm and pull it for 10 seconds. so you dont loose your radio presets.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Archived