LegacyGT.com

Driver window not working

Havent used the LGT in a month so used it today.

Driver window wont go down. Fuse is good, changed it anyway, nothing.

When I press the switch the engine idle lowers very slightly, like it's drawing a lot of current.

I tried all the windows, the right rear stuck for a while like it usually does but started working after a few presses.

Driver window still not working and been pressing it all morning in case it was slightly stuck.

Also tried thumping the glass with my palm and pushing against the glass and downward while pressing, no luck.

Argh. Wondering if anyone experiemced similar and what it could be?

Yeah looks like it. Been futzing with the button all day and the window didnt even twitch.

Will dive into it tomorrow and see whats up. Local dealer has the motor in stock so will see how it goes.

mine does that if i don't drive it for a couple weeks...window just gets hung up in the track. couple sharp taps on the window towards the top of the frame while holding the button down usually gets it unstuck. the motor isn't strong enough to break the seal on its own, so a bit of percussive maintenance helps free it up. i keep meaning to put some silicon spray on the weather stripping whenever it happens, but never do because i immediately forget when i get home.

Thumping the glass didnt work.

Opening everything up, it looks like the motor carbon brush is almost used up and not contacting the armature.

Bent the brush holder towards the armature and got the motor working, but with how worn the brush is, it wont last long. So I got a new motor/regulator at the dealer (drove there and back with the window down in the door lol)

New motor/regulator is in and it's now working as it should.

Inside the door panel

NxpJuA9.jpg

Mechanism out

lgdS3YR.jpg

Opening the motor

Pc2hPrf.jpg

You can see the brushes on the flexible springy holders

PBY6PGH.jpg

New assembly from the dealer

Ch2LhHA.jpg

I also lubed all the window channels with silicone spray. Hope I dont have to worry about my windows for a long while.