LegacyGT.com

Question about Bosal OEM replacement mufflers

So I'm looking to replace my driver's side muffler on my wagon after someone bent it. It's rattling against my bumper and starting to drive me a little insane.

My question is about the Bosal OEM replacement mufflers and how similar they are to the factory cans. I'd like to just buy the DS but if it's going to look different from the factory PS one I'll have to buy both. Are they any good? Anybody have any experience with this product?

Part #229029 on rockauto.

Yeah they will fit the difference between the 2.5 and LGT cans are the size of the body itself. LGT being slightly larger (circumference) but both utilize stock location connections and hangers. The y-pipe is identical between turbo and NA models as well. I always ran a stock LGT CBE on my 2.5i along with a slew of aftermarket CBE/Axlebacks no fitment issues.

The wagon uses the same y=pipe as the sedan the muffler tips are simply elongated to clear the rear bumper. I saw a slapped together 09 RRP LGT with wagon mufflers bolted up instead off sedan ones, they tips stick out about 2 inches pas the rear bumper

• 3 weeks later...

So I went ahead and bought them and had them installed. They sound pretty close to stock from the inside, maybe a bit less rumbly at lower rpms. From the outside they're a tad buzzy IMO but certainly better than my broken stockers. Maybe I'll save up some cash and buy some Nameless 5" mufflers this summer.

I do wish the tips were a bit wider as they're smaller then stock. I think it looks a bit silly, but hey they were $200 new. I might pick up some different tips and try to tuck it a bit more as they really accentuate how low the exhaust hangs.

IMG_1651.thumb.jpg.b69d786b0c08d23952d081a1c421cd46.jpg

I see the they rotated them to clear something but not sure what and used OEM civic tips not the best look but function over form :redface: Its times like this when maybe you should have bought the OEM replacements and bolted them on yourself :eek:

Yeah probably. It looks a bit better in the light I must say.

The muffler shop I went to said that they fit a bit weird. Maybe I have them on upside-down and on opposite sides of the car? I would have done it myself but the bolts were rusted to nothing and needed to be cut, plus they welded one of my heat shields to stop it rattling which I couldn't have done myself as I'm away from home at university.

Archived