LegacyGT.com

RSB General

shiby

Background first I guess. So I have a '05 LGT 5EAT. It is my daily drive. I do not use the car for autox nor will I ever. I do like to drive aggressively occasionally however.

I was reading up on various things and was thinking about getting a bigger RSB and have it installed the same time I get RalliTEK 5EAT Transmission Mount Insert put in.

I was looking at 05-09 Subaru Legacy GT Whiteline Adjustable Sway Bar (Rear) 22mm from autocityimports, since it will come with sway bar mount support braces included. There is a 20mm, but unfortunately does not come with it included. I would be keeping the FSB still stock for the time being but may upgrade in the future, not sure.

I more looking for advice in the sense that if you were in my position would you get the 22mm, or what do you think would be best for my situation and use?

Thank you in advance for replies

What have you done to the car already? If it were me the first things I would do would be tires, RSB, brake pads/fluid, in that order. After that a downpipe and stage 2 tune if you want a little more power.

The 22mm RSB would work nicely with the stock front bar on an otherwise stock suspension. However, depending on the condition on the shocks/struts, I would replace those first if they're blown.

tires were changed about a year ago, running moda md14 rim with general g-max as-03 225 / 40 -18 .. going to be changing pads, rotors and fluid soon .. all 4 struts were blown, replaced with kyb's all around around 1000 miles ago, did LCA bushings at same time with whiteline adjustables

Do have accessport running a stage 1 OTS map right now

i was reading about the brackets and thats why i was looking at the 22mm because it comes with the whitline brackets included which works out cheaper price overall

thanks again, great advice

i've read conflicting reviews about kartboy endlinks also, some say they are great, others have issue installed and dont line up, spacers needed and such

think i would be able to get away with using moog endlinks or will probably snap?

I have KB's and think solid style end links are the most durable and best for a DD. You may need washers as shims to get the endlinks to be at the proper angle, not really a big deal, this will depend on the swaybar. I used only the included washers for the rear but needed to add extra as spacers for the front.

Archived