LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Got more little pieces out of rear hatch door cavities. More to come.

Otherwise did some WOTs on the way home. Felt good.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Yesterday, finished buttoning up the FPCM module wiring, replaced the fuse, and started putting some of the interior back in.

Tonight, pulled apart the ignition cylinder. Going to see if I can fix the broken part, otherwise at least I have the parts needed to re-key a new one.

*edit* Just figured out that the broken part is called a "barrel rod". Seems to be available for other makes and models... :spin:

l4dTntNh.jpg

Edited by Turkeylord

A couple weeks ago I installed a RSB with the AVO brackets and a LW Crank pulley. It just feels much better now. The RSB makes it much less floaty and more responsive in turns. The LWC was part of a bundle with the RSB's. Had one on my GM6 before the swap and didn't have any issues. It feels a bit smoother on light acceleration and the way I see it is I'm not revving it to red line and it'll most likely only see 2-4k RPM 99% of the time. Picked up light bar and skid plate to install next. Edited by mikkyk97

Wagon's brakes are fixed and picked it up last night. Feels great. Still need to go through the parts list they gave me to see what all was replaced, but I caught a glimpse and their invoice said something like $1,175.. Don't know what that included though, think it was either JUST parts or labor. Have some money saved up so the wagon will likely go to another shop sometime in Oct for the turbo/inlet/any hoses.

Also sent out some power pulls to Cryotune for my specB. Coming along nicely.

Cut a slot in the end of the ignition barrel rod and made a little flat bar piece out of a nickel to put in there. Seems to work ok! I found an ignition cylinder on eBay and the seller accepted my $50 offer, so that’s a solid plan B if needed.

Took it for a 20 mile drive, felt great!

Anyone know if the front section of the trans cross member is the same on 4th gens as GR/GV’s? I see the engine cross member has the same part number but the trans one is different but in the schematics they appear the same.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Swapped out my Perrin recirc BPV for a Turbosmart Kompact full recirc. As I suspected, the Perrin wasn't closing fully. Throttle response is much better now. Going to take the Perrin apart later to try and figure out what's wrong with it.

A few weeks ago I traded my Grand Cherokee for an F150 and I’ve been spending a lot time on their forums. Yikes, there are some real gems out there on the Internet.

I wonder if I would’ve taken my legacy to where it is now if this forum had the weirdness of the F150 world.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

So far so good.

Been adjusting the tune for the 740s, she's running well.

I had to pull back the timing just a bit at lower load to squash some occasional low load knock, but that's basically gone.

The LVs have never looked better and are stable.

420986304_BtSsmLearnedValues(5).png.f76b55ff0e9ba76727751d1476a9b241.png

I've reintroduced a little of the infamous hesitation at 2100-2400 RPM, but it's not bad. I had about eliminated it before, but with the adjustments to account for the injectors, it's back just a bit. I'm not really worried about it at the moment.

I have a new battery for the Nexus 7 and an upgrade to have a USB-C charging port (modernization!) How many new cars have a USB-C charging port? :lol:

Just gonna drive it for a while now, puts a big ole smile on my face everytime I go out for a drive. Best spot right now is an entrance ramp under construction with K-Rails on each side, roll down the windows and run it out in 2nd gear. Oh the Stromung sound reverberating off those walls... :wub:

Went to see which cam seal was leaking, and everything behind the timing cover is bone dry. But, had oil residue on the outside bottom of both side timing cover. No external tracks. It's a mystery? Time to be medium paranoid for a month.

Do you remember if that residue was there before? Does it look new or old and dusty? Could you have set the covers on something while they were off? Did you spray anything on the bolts to let them loose when taking them off?

Just throwing this out as food for thought. If the insides are nice and dry, I'd just wipe the covers and keep an eye on them (and oil level).

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Installed KTA124’s last night. Unfortunately can’t drive it or fine tune them until I get my Koyorad delivered and installed. About 6 months ago I broke the fitting from the return line from the overflow tank into the radiator after leaning on it... JB weld worked for s good while until now. Good reason to upgrade to a Koyo I guess.

1870-F457-2-B39-4-BD0-94-BE-47-E7-A73-AAB2-C.jpg