LegacyGT.com

LED Tail light bulbs

Burnzy8151

I have just ordered the "smoke" tail light overlays from Zag and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to purchase LED replacement bulbs, just to make sure the lights are still visible enough. I've read online that LED bulbs are not a good idea because they do not reflect properly and are actually worse than the factory lights, although maybe it will not even be necessary to replace the bulbs?

The dark smoke material I got from zag300zx lets plenty of stock light through. It hardly reduced my light output at all. The problem with most LED bulbs is that they are very bright, but don't scatter like a normal bulb. If you can find some of the bulbs that fire sideways as well as back, it should work better.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
i have tint film on my tails from lamin-x.com. bought the charcoal blackout film. looks really dark when the lights are off but still lets plenty of light thru when turned on. im still thinking about doing led bulbs though just for the look. may do my front turn signals as well. i have an hid kit coming soon so i think that the led turn signals may just finish the look off nicely. i havent really looked into it at all yet, but does anyone know how to get at the bulbs in my mirror signal indicators? is that hard at all? i have a 2007 leggy 2.5i

Archived