LegacyGT.com

my Subaru will beat with a Buick heart!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

buckaru 2.0 first start

sounds not bad eh ?

I must say that is badass, I remember when I would go work for my dad at the Buick dealership when the Grand Nationals first came in and would go for a ride when the guys would test drive them after they were off the alignment rack.

Such an awesome power plant with tons of potential.

I'm amazed at how much room is in there compared to what the stock engine takes up.

Keep the videos coming.

Cuz its not a 60 degree v6 :p

mine never sounded too bad..

all with the same edelbrock sdt crossflow chambered muffler..

few videos of my 60 degree v6.. 3400 bottom end 3500 top end. with this custom cam 227int 233exh @.050 dur 515int 515exh lift 112 lsa..TOG headers. 2.5" all the way out the back.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/95blackz26/Videos/th_005_mpeg2video.mp4

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/95blackz26/Videos/th_026.mp4

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/95blackz26/Videos/th_014.mp4

And 4+ years since the thread was posted and the only person in the world that decided to put a domestic motor in a legacy :lol:

I kept finding LS2 and LS3 V8's for cheaper than a used EJ long block but factored in custom work needed to make it work. I want the 2 front tires to lift but not that much.

Imagine i waited nearly two years and rebuilt my ej twice before doing this swap.

Oh on compatibility i just connected my cam signal to the stock ecm finally . For 4 years i had to hold the key cranking position for an additional 1-2 seconds to get the ecm to put it in sort of limp mode .this was nessasary for the ecm to keep the fuel pump running and the cluster to work.

I didnt do it earlyier because i wasnt sure what the ecm would say about 1 pulse per cam revolution ( from older subie engines) to the 3 pulse per rev of the varable intake cam timming.

But it works ! . I just need to know the timming of the events and the guy who made the card can add the correct cam timming also.

But i have a good freling if i disable the troubble code for the left hand intake cam now i can even get the cruise to work and cel to turn off !

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

And 4+ years since the thread was posted and the only person in the world that decided to put a domestic motor in a legacy :lol:

I think you're kidding but just in case you're not, I've seen 4 other Legacys with domestic swaps. Mine, a 4th gen in the Middle East, a second gen with a carbureted 350 and a forum member with an iron block LS swap now in progress.

Besides Legacys, I've also seen a WRX drift car with an LS, two WRX street cars with LS swaps and a BRZ with an LS.

OP, congrats on all your hard work and seeing it through til completion!

Imagine i waited nearly two years and rebuilt my ej twice before doing this swap.

Oh on compatibility i just connected my cam signal to the stock ecm finally . For 4 years i had to hold the key cranking position for an additional 1-2 seconds to get the ecm to put it in sort of limp mode .this was nessasary for the ecm to keep the fuel pump running and the cluster to work.

I didnt do it earlyier because i wasnt sure what the ecm would say about 1 pulse per cam revolution ( from older subie engines) to the 3 pulse per rev of the varable intake cam timming.

But it works ! . I just need to know the timming of the events and the guy who made the card can add the correct cam timming also.

But i have a good freling if i disable the troubble code for the left hand intake cam now i can even get the cruise to work and cel to turn off !

Frank. Is the circuit for this the same as the crank sensor one. (Tinyio)

Also the default cam signal allows the tach to work, but not the trouble code still causes cruise to not work ? If so I need to hook this up also

550-600 km per tank with trailer pulling and thats mostly city driving

It revs like 2000 at 80 kmph 3000 @ 125 kmph

I rev 2500 at 100kmh and can only muster 320-350 to a tank. However my vvt cam must not be setup properly.

On the ms there is an estimated fuel flow indicator. I am seeing 160cc/min at cruise. How about you frank ?

It took me a long time to get the economy up. A lot of it is cold start and such i go closed loop 25 seconds after even cold start.

Injector timming is very important also there will be a sweet spot .

I run about 400 deg advance.

When your adding timmng you will find a spot where the engine will run bad thats the reverse pulse shock wave just after the valve closing.

Some people like to inject in the reverse pulse wave . But like my engine has shorter intake runners the gas spills into the next cylinder .

My engine i am injecting just when the valve is opening .

The gas tank evap is also a huge game changer , i took this vacuum regulator thing from the stock motor and just pull vacuum to the tank when ever idle and cruise. More than that it just closes the valve . Its a mechanical thing with no wires.

Also i have external wastegate that allows you to pull a vacuum to to open the wastegate fully for cruise and even wot. It makes a huge difference in higher throttle load like when pulling a trailer. As with out it the turbo is trying to build boost the entire time, this just makes more backpressure and the engine has to work harder.

Dont forget the car companies spend millions on the tune.

How did you get the fuel flow calculator? In tunerstudio? I think i only seen it in megalogviewer.

Im usually about 5 % duty cycle at 120 that would be about 3 ms pulse width on 65 lbhr injectors

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

• 6 months later...