LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boards are assembled and in stock for shipping. I will ship within 1 to 3 days after receiving your payment. Currently, there are 9 boards fully assembled and there are 12 others in route, so for a total of 21. When all those will be sold, I do not plan on making more units since I want to concentrate on other projects.

I have to remind everyone that my aux in works only with USDM cars. Also standard shipping does not allow tracking and it can take up to two full weeks for the package to arrive. I saw shipping delay as less as 4 days sometimes also. I can provide tracking number, but you will have to pay an extra. Finally, orders in Canada must contact me before ordering since the shipping cost is not the same as in USA.

Link for ordering:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=10456930

whew! 6 hour grueling install later(not the product's fault...had a bad soldering iron), and things are...uhh, working. I didn't close everything up yet because I was a little concerned that I had a static issue somewhere in the system. After trying for a bit, I think I need higher quality MP3's...hahahahha.

Anyway, I'll do some more testing tomorrow. The static seemed more apparent/present during rock songs, less so during jazz/classical/electronic. No relation to bass/mid/treb settings.

P.S. I had no Torx (star?) heads anywhere on my console. All phillips heads.

i will be ordering mine, after i buy the car :)

I'd get it now while they are in stock. You can always sell it afterwards for the same price. But I have a feeling that once these are sold, and if he doesn't make any more like he says, no one is going to be selling theirs.

I certainly won't be. ;)

Just installed mine this weekend!

Works great! My 60 mile commute is SO much better now!!!

No complaints at all from me, I just need to clean up the install a bit... maybe get a nicer 1/8th" jack and streamline it into the console

I installed it right after I received it...what an easy install!! I spent the first hour admiring the engineering behind the board. The install took a grand total of 15 minutes once I took the radio apart and it was extra easy to follow the instructions. It sounded excellent through the factory radio, especially through my 3sixty.2.

Advice for anyone new to soldering...PLEASE get yourself a fine point soldering iron! I fine tip makes it easier if you know what you are doing, but it is nearly impossible without a fine point if you have never done any soldering. The pics make the solder point look much bigger than it actually is; lucky I have access to this stuff at work!:D If you don't have one, Radio Shack sells one for about $20-battery powered. Just factor that into your cost if you don't have soldering experience!

Thanks Floyd!!

Anyone know of a threaded female 3.5mm jack, plan on doing something similar to cypher0117 but was hoping to find a threaded female to have it be more secure.

Mine seems secure enough, I drilled the hole the same size as the outside diamater of the plug and then shoved it in there. I had to apply force as it was a tight fit. Then I poured about a half a stick on hot glue on it. I too was looking for something that would be more secure but I couldn't find anything that I didn't need to solder. I haven't had any troubles yet since I installed it and I have used the plug many times (unplugging and pluggin in).

I debated on useing this:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103451

• 3 weeks later...
In process of installing and at the point of putting the head unit back together. The double sided tape on the Leptronix unit side isn't sticking to the board! So, it's stuck to the FM unit, but not the board. Going to have to come up with a solution here... Anyone online with ideas?

In process of installing and at the point of putting the head unit back together. The double sided tape on the Leptronix unit side isn't sticking to the board! So, it's stuck to the FM unit, but not the board. Going to have to come up with a solution here... Anyone online with ideas?

Mmmmm... Try to heat the tape a little and press it hard against the bcp. If you see that it's really not sticking to it, apply one or two layers of electrical tape to the underside of the pcb. It may stick better after that.