LegacyGT.com

Just had the Subaru Dealership look at my Navi!!!

Hello Folks- Happy Pre-July 4th.

I took my 2013 Subaru Legacy my local dealership yesterday AM regarding my Navi not working. I get the looking for GPS message as well as the squiring satellites message on my Navi screen.

Dealership says that the Antenna is operating as designed as Satellite and other features are working. The dealership is suggesting to remove the Navi/Radio unit and send it out for repair.

That would be 2-3 weeks and $900.00 later, which I am not considering. I have my smart phone and there is after-market replacement, which I would prefer not to do.

My main question is this: Is the dealer correct and the head unit has to be replaced or is it something else?

I am wondering if I can or do reset the Navi by disconnecting the battery for a bit would that help?

What if I update my SD card with the latest map, would that help?

Any thoughts and ideas are welcome. While the technology is 2013 and crude and light years behind my 20017 Acura TL Type S Navi and Radio, I would rather not yank out the head unit and fix or replace it.

Thank you,

Andrew

It seems like it's difficult to do aftermarket stereos in these cars... Stock is probably best.
Definitely not hard to do if you take the time to get the right parts before hand.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just go after market double din with android auto or apply car play and use your phone like the rest of us poor folk.

After seeing the prices for OEM stereos, it seems like aftermarket seems best. Just don't cheap out, getting a cheap one can really ruin the experience of driving your car.

so just a thought and an update to my original post...

There are times when I am using my Satellite Radio (XM Sirrus) and I am listen with no blockages or obstructions or underground- just the wide open road and my signal goes out for a second or 2.

The dealership said everything was fine because the antenna and satellite radio and "other" features were working normally.

Could it actually be my antenna and not the head unit?

Edited by GFINE

sometimes if I pass under a really high voltage power line the Sat Radio would cut out on my other/previous cars (2000 2.5RS, 15 WRX, 19 Kia Optima, 12 Equinox). I don't have it on this car though so I can't give you direct experience.