LegacyGT.com

Wilwood 4-pot caliper kit

Th3Franz

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice find on the stop techs. Where did you get them for that?

Those are nice.....a buddy of mine has them

There was a guy returning his car to stock for trade in, so he was trying to sell quick. He posted on facebook, a friend of mine shared it with me and I jumped on it quick.

• 1 year later...

Hey folks - I've got the Wilwood calipers and am looking at getting aftermarket wheels. Specifically looking at the TSW Nurburgring wheels: http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_nurburgring.php

I figure it's unlikely anyone with the Wilwoods has these wheels, but wanted to get general thoughts on fitment over these calipers. Obviously the 18" wheels would fit no problem, but frankly I'd rather not go to 18" if I don't have to.

The wheel shape appears generous in the caliper area and the spokes aren't nearly as thick as on the stock 17" wheels. It shouldn't be any question on fitment, right?

Welcome any thoughts yall have!

• 2 years later...

bump! 5 years later still going strong on this setup!

Anyone else?

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Mine are still going strong. The calipers themselves make a fair bit of noise when actuating, I probably need to rebuild them - but no functional issues. Even have kept the same rotors and pads for 20K miles, which was a challenge before.

Still running the stock 17's - so if anyone else has experience with aftermarket 17's and clearance - LMK!

• 2 years later...

If my measurements are correct my Centric Premium rotors are 1.25" thick, from what I can tell from the specs in Wilwood's site each caliper is 2.15" thick thus making the setup 5.55" in width.

I have no idea how the Brakeswap adapter fits into the package ( measurements+/-)

I can't see this set-up fitting my current 02 WRX BBS wheels, I have about .5" with the stock calipers.

I know these calipers are supposed to fit the stock wheels can anyone please tell us the distance from the caliper to the wheel spoke please?

I'm hoping my measurements are wrong!?

Edited by JJr

Brake ducts will help a lot or go bigger. I upgraded to the RR Racing bbk from this kit when the car was making 400whp. The RR Racing kit was amazing and rotors were inexpensive as well.

Newbie question here, can you elaborate on what RR stands for? Is that these people https://www.rr-racing.com/ ? 6 pot looks awesome....wonder by how much that would throw off bias.

On a related note: any sort of brake bias calculations with just a wilwood 4pot front upgrade and stock LGT rears? Trying to see what pad combo would give me the best balance so as to no throw off things by too much. Maybe wilwood bp10s on front but not sure on rear (aggressive street use/daily driver). If someone knows, this would save me from spending hundreds more in a matching sti brembo kit :p. Saw this thread which was super helpful https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/bbk-brake-bias-list-30088.html but obviously limited.

Edited by kaitanium

Newbie question here, can you elaborate on what RR stands for? Is that these people https://www.rr-racing.com/ ? 6 pot looks awesome....wonder by how much that would throw off bias.

On a related note: any sort of brake bias calculations with just a wilwood 4pot front upgrade and stock LGT rears? Trying to see what pad combo would give me the best balance so as to no throw off things by too much. Maybe wilwood bp10s on front but not sure on rear (aggressive street use/daily driver). If someone knows, this would save me from spending hundreds more in a matching sti brembo kit :p. Saw this thread which was super helpful https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/bbk-brake-bias-list-30088.html but obviously limited.

Yes that's the one. I did a wilwood 4 pot dynapro kit in the rear to pair with the RR Racing 6 pot front. Unless you're running lots of rear down force the rear brakes aren't doing much, so I wouldn't be too concerned with brake bias.

See this thread for the rear kit. We weren't able to get the distribution worked out so the group buy never got going. However there's photos of how we machined the rear caliper to fit the lgt

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4777400&postcount=29

Edited by Th3Franz

^ what Franz said on the bias issue. Eric at Brakeswap.com originally spec’d this 4 pot kit to work with stock LGT rears so there really aren’t any bias issues, I certainly didn’t notice any on track with this set up. He’s right about the rears not doing much anyway as the fronts are doing most of the work.

oh trust me, moving from OEM floating caliper to a fixed 4 pot, its going to me more than just response and feel, you're bumping up in stopping power for sure and particularly maintaining that while your pushing it.

oh trust me, moving from OEM floating caliper to a fixed 4 pot, its going to me more than just response and feel, you're bumping up in stopping power for sure and particularly maintaining that while your pushing it.

so if upping stopping power in the front (since the rears arent changing), wont that affect brake bias is the question im getting to. again a n00b question thinking with n00b logic here :p Just want to understand this upgrade before i pull the trigger. Been wanting to do LGT brakes on my OBXT anyways. For daily driving, i dont need full brembos...although that would be some nice bling.

Edited by kaitanium

No spacer needed?

Need / want an upgrade after going flex fuel.

Good question and now that I've looked at my photos, I can't confirm that I ran this set up with the Wilwoods. I was running my Prodrives and a set 17x7.5 Sport Edition P5's, (from tire rack) as a winter set up. If the P5 specs are similar then OEM should fit

so if upping stopping power in the front (since the rears arent changing), wont that affect brake bias is the question im getting to. again a n00b question thinking with n00b logic here :p Just want to understand this upgrade before i pull the trigger. Been wanting to do LGT brakes on my OBXT anyways. For daily driving, i dont need full brembos...although that would be some nice bling.

Will brake bias change from OEM? Yes. Will it change it adversely to the point that its a detriment? In my experience (and one of the main reasons this kit was put together), the answer is no. Also keep in mind that based on personal driving preferences you can change bias by running a more aggressive pad in the rear as compared to the front, (and vice versa)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

can anyone who has bought erics kit (brakeswap.com) confirm for me how long your front brakes lines are?

having a hard time getting technafit to respond to an order for my outback so if these LGT lines are long enough then ill go for it. If not im assuming this will work also: https://www.wilwood.com/LineKits/LineKitsProd?itemno=220-9196 if our cars have the M10 1 IF on the chassis hard line end...