LegacyGT.com

ItalianLegacy 3.6R Official Thread

Technically all of it would. And raptor can help you do it! I am considering making our tribeca my project and trade my gt in for a 3.6 outback not the cvt of course.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

...I'm thinking headers, a full exhaust, and tune. It's also on family and road trip.duty so a blower isn't in the cards. It would be cool if there more suspension options though.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UT OH!!! The GT's got some competition now!! We should meet up soon for comparison ;)

I'll definitely be doing some pulls with him whenever my car gets straightened out to get some comparisons haha😉

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Nice!! A three way 3rd gear pull on a closed course of course. Need a trailing car...

I dont think that would be fair with the auto, 3rd is 1.47:1 the gt is 1.29:1. 4th is closer. 5eat is 1.00:1 6mt is .97:1

...I'm thinking headers, a full exhaust, and tune. It's also on family and road trip.duty so a blower isn't in the cards. It would be cool if there more suspension options though.

You are only limited by your imagination and willingness to experiment...oh yeah and money...lol.

I believe you can use legacy front struts the rear would be trickier because the shock has a yoke mount on the bottom. I don't think it would be hard to find koni inserts to fit both though. But rear springs for a legacy/outback should work all around, just a matter of finding the right rate and drop.

The tuning is going very well and exciting sometimes due to expectations of the owner and being build up to race through all the gears. I am waiting to see the final power and a log showing completely a race from stop to fifth gear and beating up the car to show stability.

There have been extensive logging. Logs upon logs. So far the tuning directory is 200MB of logs. 67 logs taken so far. It has been good research and I am happy to share that with potential tunes to the 3.6 Boosted community. Every step was met with a limit that had to be exposed and removed. Some very subtle and only extensive logging and reviews highlights them.

He is trying to get rid of the mental locks and blocks and only now doing stuff with the car that he couldn't do before for 1 year and in some cases, never did. This sometimes affects logging results, but it is good. It allow the building up of confidence and relationship building.

The 3.6 Boosted tuning is interesting and I leave it for Italian to post his thoughts on the rebirth of his car through XRT. Attached is a small review from him and any reviews he will post here. http://xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=657#p1992

Edited by west_minist

Nice!! A three way 3rd gear pull on a closed course of course. Need a trailing car...

I can't compete but I can definitely keep up, I've got a dashcam, go pro car mount, and a gf willing to video and take rolling shots [emoji2]

The tuning is going very well and exciting sometimes due to expectations of the owner and being build up to race through all the gears. I am waiting to see the final power and a log showing completely a race from stop to fifth gear and beating up the car to show stability.

There have been extensive logging. Logs upon logs. So far the tuning directory is 200MB of logs. 67 logs taken so far. It has been good research and I am happy to share that with potential tunes to the 3.6 Boosted community. Every step was met with a limit that had to be exposed and removed. Some very subtle and only extensive logging and reviews highlights them.

He is trying to get rid of the mental locks and blocks and only now doing stuff with the car that he couldn't do before for 1 year and in some cases, never did. This sometimes affects logging results, but it is good. It allow the building up of confidence and relationship building.

The 3.6 Boosted tuning is interesting and I leave it for Italian to post his thoughts on the rebirth of his car through XRT. Attached is a small review from him and any reviews he will post here. http://xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=657#p1992

So far working with XRT as been extremely fun every little thing he dials in changes the car. The power and transmission feel is dramatic over previous tune. The car feels much more refined the power comes in earlier and just keeps pushing! Since the second day of logging the car to me, and those who know me will testify that i am very sensitive to my car.. the car to me feels like I went out and bought a completely different car. I was nervous at first to beat on the car because of mental blocks i created over time on a bad tune, but lately i sad F-it and i have been driving like ken block stole it and is smooth as can be. no rough idle after spirited driving , no oil burning , no funny ticks from abuse. The car is much more able to put my mods to work now. Its nice to finally feel the difference my investement has made and i am looking forward to one day becoming a tuner myself.

How much different is tuning a 3.0/5eat on an 07 Tribeca?

Its no different. Do you mean for boost?

If for boost, I will have to see the limits. All I will say the ECU been design to prevent you from boosting :), but easier in a since with the 3.6 than the 3.0. In a way it is neither here nor there with either.

Who would have love to see the B11S? That would have been Subaru only H6 Boosted.

Edited by west_minist

We all spend so much time and money on our cars things always seem to go wrong most shops make excuses why things wont work or why its doing this or that. What ive learned and can stand by 1000% is that tuning and putting in the proper time to tune under multiple driving conditions and weather conditions makes all the difference. Logging and refinement is key to enjoying your car/investment headache free. This kind of support is hard to find im very happy to have XRT in my corner during this build. Its been very fun but its also far from over. I have many more goodies up my sleeve before this season is over!

• 2 weeks later...
We all spend so much time and money on our cars things always seem to go wrong most shops make excuses why things wont work or why its doing this or that. What ive learned and can stand by 1000% is that tuning and putting in the proper time to tune under multiple driving conditions and weather conditions makes all the difference. Logging and refinement is key to enjoying your car/investment headache free. This kind of support is hard to find im very happy to have XRT in my corner during this build. Its been very fun but its also far from over. I have many more goodies up my sleeve before this season is over!

Thanks you very much in giving me the opportunity to rectify the issues you were having and once again, allowing you to enjoy your car to the fullest again. Its my great and wonderful pleasure you do - as a driver and tuner I am.

It is nice to have a show car or a car being on show, but for me, having a car you can enjoy is more than being a show piece and a show room car.

I hope you continue to progress in your mods and I hope (with my help) we continue to show the world the capability of the 3.6 documented.

Please do enjoy you 3.6SC-XRT.

Edited by west_minist

• 5 months later...

Anytime bro! and lmao that's the best compliment I love it hahaha

We do plan on strapping a couple gopros on the outside and going for a legitimate rip and have Gio explain the mod list in more detail as I forgot alot since it was spur of the moment type deal haha. Once we both have time we'll make it happen :]

• 1 year later...

i haven't been following this for a while, you didn't always have the FMIC, correct?

i'm thinking ill drive my piece of shit until something in the 2.5i drivetrain dies and then ill track down an ez36 and 5EAT and follow your build in my outback.

the reason i ask about the FMIC is that it wouldn't work for me, i have a custom bumper beam with a winch so that wouldn't fit.

i miss power but its not much fun when you're car can barely get over potholes. i wanna put most of your stuff in my lesbaru family truckster. 17240698_10206976568332819_1282834337533361991_o.jpg?oh=f90b6587c8ab999e6a221259a4078547&oe=5A9E6944

dont have any recent pics, now i have a LGT hood and the entire car sits another inch higher

• 3 years later...