LegacyGT.com

After 6 months a few things that bug me....

From reading and watching other car reviews it seems like all manufacturers have issues, bugs with their tech/ infotainment. So Subaru is not alone.

There is a lot of complaints about the display and software but it's actually not Subaru's system, it's made by Denso.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No excuses here, just delight with my Legacy and my wife’s Onyx. Bugs..yeah sure, just like my iPhone, Sony tv, Fios dvr. But they deliver everything I want. With my Legacy other than the driver monitoring system which I turn off I’ve had no issues. If someone has a true lemon then there are specific mechanisms to pursue. But as far as overall satisfaction, I think the records and posts indicate the vast majority are happy, and not making any excuses.

Meh, from all the complaints I only ever had the equalizer settings not retain but since 380 it just works. And the crappy windshield that cracks when a tiny pebble hits it.

Coming from other car makes, Subaru people seem to be very whiney or just in love especially on the forums, not sure what that's all about... lots of crying going on at SubaruOutback.org lol.

Display rebooted itself today. Definitely bugs me when it happens.

I haven’t ever had that happen but I did see it happen on my wife’s Onyx before she finally got it updated from the original 502 software. But I have definitely had it happen with my phones and iPads before, and it does bug me. But at least my car doesn’t shut down on it’s own and then restart while I’m driving. That would definitely bug me:)

lol what a bunch of sorry excuses. Do you guys work for Subaru or something!?

Do you even own a Gen 7 Legacy? (It would help if you would complete your profile.) If so, did you test drive a Gen 7 Legacy before buying one? At this point you have the usual three choices:

1) You can continue whining about your car, which accomplishes nothing.

... or ...

2) You can adapt to the way your car actually works, and get on with your life.

... or ...

3) You can sell your Legacy and replace it with something better suited to your tastes and needs.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

You are in a forum for 2020 + model years saying your 2018 is problem free? Try a 2020 and see if your opinion stays the same. It is an obnoxious plastic computer full of tech nobody asked for. That is a perfect description.

What, is there something wrong with going on the 2020? lol

I did test drive a 2020. It was pretty good. But I'll stick with my 2018 3.6r. Looks, tactile stereo, engine history are better to me. There's a lot of tech on my car too and love everything about it.

Yes there is! I test drove a 2019 too and although I liked it better, the dealerships wanted practically the same $ for the 2019s as the 2020s at the time and it seemed foolish at the time not to get the newer model with less miles. Live and learn!

LOL ok

So, @bms231 - You can have your dealer change the bias for the climate from -3 to +3 in whole numbers. I've read posts on the OB forum that asked the dealer use the SST to change it to "0" and it was more "normal"... I have the same experience in my 21 OBXT with the climate being hot or freezing.

The Forester had a Climate mode where you could specify "Eco" "Normal" "Comfort" and "Power" modes. The OBXT does not, so I infer that the Leg doesn't either. Unfortunately.

It's been about 3 months with my OBXT. I'm starting to finally love it. When I first got it, I knew I wanted the extra power over the base engine. The infotainment took a couple weeks before I figured out what I wanted to do quickly. There's a learning curve. But once you learn it, you know. No hunting through submenus or anything like that.

No CarPlay glitches since I started using a Genuine Apple cable. Everything working well.

Have set the Cruise Control characteristics to "4 - Dynamic" per some suggestions on the OB forums, and it makes the car more fun to drive - since we don't get the SI-Drive option. It kind of feels like the sportier tip-in. Maybe the computer holds revs higher before doing the fake shifts.

So, @bms231 - You can have your dealer change the bias for the climate from -3 to +3 in whole numbers. I've read posts on the OB forum that asked the dealer use the SST to change it to "0" and it was more "normal"... I have the same experience in my 21 OBXT with the climate being hot or freezing.

The Forester had a Climate mode where you could specify "Eco" "Normal" "Comfort" and "Power" modes. The OBXT does not, so I infer that the Leg doesn't either. Unfortunately.

It's been about 3 months with my OBXT. I'm starting to finally love it. When I first got it, I knew I wanted the extra power over the base engine. The infotainment took a couple weeks before I figured out what I wanted to do quickly. There's a learning curve. But once you learn it, you know. No hunting through submenus or anything like that.

No CarPlay glitches since I started using a Genuine Apple cable. Everything working well.

Have set the Cruise Control characteristics to "4 - Dynamic" per some suggestions on the OB forums, and it makes the car more fun to drive - since we don't get the SI-Drive option. It kind of feels like the sportier tip-in. Maybe the computer holds revs higher before doing the fake shifts.

I went to the dealer and did the CCM update recalled and changed the temp offset from 0 to -3. only issue is I think the CCM update changes it from 3 to 0. so 77 became air conditioning. I had them set it to 0 again with the latest firmware...308 I believe... and 68 actually held 68 this time.

• 1 month later...
I'd like to know how they picked 37°F ? It is pretty annoying, especially when it's just cold and the roads are completely dry.
On my Canadian model it's 4 degrees Celsius, apparently that's the temperature where liquid water stops contracting and starts to expand till it eventually freezes. That's the only explanation I could find.

I have been told it is for bridge temp. At 37 degrees the cold air under a bridge can make any water on the top side freeze and turn into slippery conditions.

Still, a useless "feature" for most Canadians that I wish I could defeat.