LegacyGT.com

The Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Gohmer1

Rear camber is static, although I'm looking at some of those fancy whiteline eccentric camber adjusting bushes for the upper control arm to increase camber once I'm able to bring the rear down more if necessary.

The stretch isn't too extreme, I daily the car so I didn't want barrel showing or anything like that. Just have to keep an eye on the tire pressure and they're good to go. I didn't realize there was a filter here, they're silly anyway ;)

Rear camber is static, although I'm looking at some of those fancy whiteline eccentric camber adjusting bushes for the upper control arm to increase camber once I'm able to bring the rear down more if necessary.

Several members have had problems getting these to work efficiently, they set them only to have them return to previous static condition. Best bet is to get some rear lower adjustable control arms to lock down your camber.

What are you doing at the front for bump steer/roll-center control? Without, and lowered that much, I'm sure the handling must be fun over bumps/irregularities in the road.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I ran my LGT pretty low without an RCK and just dealt with the bump steer. Now that I'm running the Whiteline kit on my WRX, I don't understand how i didn't install it on the LGT.

Bumpsteer is one of those things that you don't really pay much attention to until you have a comparison.

It's cool; I'm with the band

I didn't have funds for awesome wheels when I found out my stock wheel was bent. I had to buy some cheap wheels.

XXR 530 17x8.25 +35 offset

225/45/17 kumho spt tires

swift springs

front and rear rolled and slightly pulled fenders

20120922_193841.thumb.jpg.0cf8d3da74c1cfc4923974236d392ff3.jpg

20120922_194005.thumb.jpg.35b89ef1e67fa8d57ba34536c01ea2c2.jpg

20120922_193939.thumb.jpg.0a2313ed0960aa03ec0629179ef5e9ae.jpg

Edited by jakesurfin

Whats everyone think of Sparco wheels? Good quality and what not?

i have had a set of Sparco Assetto Gara black 17x7 with Star Specs for my track set up for 8 track days now little over a year.

still going strong. i havent hit a pot hole but 80 mph over a track corner curb all the time.

ive been thinking of getting an 18x8 set for the VW JSW.

Good luck selling those. Lots of people will tell you how awesome they are and "wish they had the money" but no one will want to fork it over. I ended up having to drop $500 off my asking price and cover shipping (at $50/wheel) to sell my Works last year.

• I Donated Too
I didn't have funds for awesome wheels when I found out my stock wheel was bent. I had to buy some cheap wheels.

XXR 530 17x8.25 +35 offset

225/45/17 kumho spt tires

swift springs

front and rear rolled and slightly pulled fenders

those look nice despite the dual bolt pattern

Bare with me with this question but, planning on getting a stock 05 LGT, and I'd like to install 18"wheels, wrapped with 225/40/18 tires. Being the stock height and possible different offset, would this essentially keep the car near stock height, or drop it a tad? Or not make any noticeable difference? I honestly don't know.

That answers that. Last question for now, would it be flush with the fenders our what do most do to make the wheels flush with the fenders without suspension work? Ie: spacers...? Size?

I guess this also means it depends on the wheels offset, I'm trying to understand this all to get a better idea of it and not do a shitty job on it.

Aggressive offset is the best way to get a more flush look. Spacers will also accomplish this, but you'll need extended studs to run them. Either way runs the risk of putting excess stress on the already weak wheel bearings, but the spacers more so.

Two elements to whether it'll be flush or not.

1). Offset - stock is +55 (lower offset will move the outer edge of the wheel toward the fender)

2). Rim Width - stock width is 7" (wider width will move the wheel edge toward the fender and toward the suspension - all else equal)

Check-out the FAQ in the wheels and tires section. It's a sticky in that sub-forum.

Edited by SBT
`
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Bare with me with this question but, planning on getting a stock 05 LGT, and I'd like to install 18"wheels, wrapped with 225/40/18 tires. Being the stock height and possible different offset, would this essentially keep the car near stock height, or drop it a tad? Or not make any noticeable difference? I honestly don't know.

My Enkei EV5s are +45 offset with 225/40/18s and they sit slightly further outside the fenders than stock.... But it's barely noticeable, and no drop in height at all.;) FYI that's the recommended tire size and a recommended wheel from Tirerack, so you can feel confident it's a non issue for fitment. :wub:

See page 118 of this thread for quick photo.