LegacyGT.com

8" screen and climate controls cleaning?

I use a isopropyl alcohol wipe (wound wipe, found on first aid kits) and then a microfiber towel to buff away the residue. It works on my phone, my glasses, even the STARLINK Multimedia system. Hope this helps.

I use a cloth that is used to clean eye glasses/phone screens since I had a surplus lying around and I recently purchased a window cleaner safe for navigation screens as well from Adam's Polishes. Only used it once so far so can't really comment on how great it is but I'm sure with appropriate amount of cleaner it wont streak.

I use a isopropyl alcohol wipe (wound wipe, found on first aid kits) and then a microfiber towel to buff away the residue. It works on my phone, my glasses, even the STARLINK Multimedia system. Hope this helps.

I'd be real careful using alcohol on screens. It's really not the best idea and is usually specifically mentioned not to do it in instructions. Alcohol can eat away the plastics slowly, we call it "glass" but modern eyeglasses, and your multimedia screen are usually actually a very hard clear plastic. (Phone screens are actual glass, but still have the coatings to worry about). Alcohol will eventually cause hazing. Not to mention there's usually a chemical coating to reduce fingerprints showing up that will get removed, causing you to have to clean it even more often. A slightly damp microfiber cloth is probably plenty just to get normal dust off. If its really dirty you could add some mild soap or something.

Any issues with loss of touch sensitivity with that protector? Did you just buy a big piece of protector sheet or is it made to fit?

It's cut to fit. No loss/impact of touch sensitivity. Cuts down on glare and fingerprints about 50% I would say.

Is it 100% perfect, no....you can totally tell there is a screen protector there. The edges on mine were not cut 100% cleanly everywhere......but that being said.....for $12 I am certain this will prevent any scratches and potential damage to the radio/touch screen.....and it came as a 2 pack as well.

link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MEC1W7W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Archived