LegacyGT.com

3.6R Opinions

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go over to the outback forums and look at the extensive pissing match on this very subject!

The "cheap slow poke weenies saving gas and the planet in the left lane at 50 mph vs the super rich drag racers out of control with that H6"!

You really are an @$$ and looking for a fight. You do realize the majority of owners on this forum are 2.5i owners and you just publicly called everyone off us "cheap" and "slow pokes". I can assure you that neither describes me and I'll just let others chime in to beat the crap out of you as well:spin:

You really are an @$$ and looking for a fight. You do realize the majority of owners on this forum are 2.5i owners and you just publicly called everyone off us "cheap" and "slow pokes". I can assure you that neither describes me and I'll just let others chime in to beat the crap out of you as well:spin:

Jeez, you must be really fun at parties. :rolleyes:

OP,

The truth of the matter is that the 2.5 is a sweet engine and pretty powerful for its size. The further truth is that the Legacy is too heavy a vehicle for the 2.5. While you can manage with the 2.5 in a 3500lb Legacy, it really is better with the H6. If you do a lot of long distance, flat highway driving, then the 2.5 might fit your bill, if you enjoy acceleration at all or need passing power without too much commotion, the 3.6 is what you're after.

I have to disagree Too40. First off, I am VERY fun at parties:munch: Secondly, I find the 2.5 more than adequate and have never had an issue getting up to speed and making her do what I want. Now will the 3.6 give you more get up and go? Absolutely but I wouldn't say the car is too heavy for the engine. Now if you're a rich, out of control drag racer than the 3.6 is definitely what you want:rolleyes:

I owned a 15' 2.5i and 16' 2.5i, I never regret it. However the body looks big but it responses to most conditions like any 6cyl cars that give me no reason to get a V6 sedan at all. My cousins and aunts own 5-6 benz, I drove em once in a while but not as fun as mine especially in wet condition the RWD wasn't as safe. If mpg wasn't your concern then the 3.6R def much more fun to drive. I don't plan to buy any v6 sedan base to my experiences. Only if it's a family hauler SUV I would go for 6 but not 8 way over kill. I use my sedan as a weekend car hauling 4 passengers and do groceries full trunk more often than my SUV. Still able to zipping around easily. I had a 2.4L Scion before when I still live in Silicon Valley, with 5 passengers and a big sub-woofer in the back I took it to a cruise up to the mountain like piece of cake. That's why I'm sticking with 4cyl. Also good with lesser trip to gas station :).

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

Archived