LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

Now that the Group Buy is done and parts are being shipped, some of us are starting the install and the journey to Stage2. Post your pics, thoughts, experiences, troubles, fixes and results here.

For a brief summary of parts necessary for, or beneficial to, the install, see Post #1 of the GB thread.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/group-buy-nameless-performance-2010-legacy-gt-divorced-wastegate-downpipe-243956.html

Thanks....

GTEASER

Getting mine installed tomorrow. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly. Things are pretty rusty down there and my coolant lines look horrible. Hope they don't get bumped and crack leaving the car stranded on the lift (ordering lines today I hope).

I have the ARP bolts and a new gasket ready to go. Going to tell the shop to throw some anti-seize on there as well.

Question for anyone that has played around with the nuts/bolts that come with the exhaust parts: does it seem like the nuts won't thread on? I can't do it by hand. It looks like it may be lock nut but unlike others I've seen. Just need to make sure this is correct before I go for install tomorrow.

Still trying to get a tune date set. Hoping to have that next week or the week after. Tuner said he wouldn't provide a temp map for me to get there so hopefully his current tune will play nice with the DP until I get there. My goal is to be the first from the group buy to be tuned! Since many of you are waiting, you can live vicariously through me. :p

Edited by GTEASER

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, they're deformed-thread locknuts. Those dimples on the top are put there after the threads are formed, makes it so the nut pinches down on the bolt. I haven't taken the hardware out of the bag, but you should be able to get a couple turns on there before it grabs.

Yeah, they're deformed-thread locknuts. Those dimples on the top are put there after the threads are formed, makes it so the nut pinches down on the bolt. I haven't taken the hardware out of the bag, but you should be able to get a couple turns on there before it grabs.

They do thread on a few turns then stop. So that makes sense then. Thanks!

Oh, and tune date set for next Friday :)

Just got mine installed yesterday. Luckily there's a dyno about 5 minutes from my house. I believe it was 280whp/345wtq notice how smooth the curve is. My tuner says "do you have a 3-port? Your curve is gonna be all over the place if you don't":lol:. It is much louder than I expected. Is that amount of torque normal for stage 2? I always thought 300/300 was the standard. Sorry for the shitty pic but it helps to see the curve.

rsz_img_20151105_151959.thumb.jpg.d640d9fb1a026dcda9a0045b4fb68744.jpg

Just got mine installed yesterday. Luckily there's a dyno about 5 minutes from my house. I believe it was 280whp/345wtq notice how smooth the curve is. My tuner says "do you have a 3-port? Your curve is gonna be all over the place if you don't":lol:. It is much louder than I expected. Is that amount of torque normal for stage 2? I always thought 300/300 was the standard. Sorry for the shitty pic but it helps to see the curve.

what other mods do you have? and do you have a stage 1 dyno tune on your car that you can compare the #s to?

Just the N1 and a GFB BPV. No baseline dyno graph unfortunately.

Sorry I'm new to the platform so I'm trying to grasp everything.

But from what I'm gathering you have the dp, Axel back and bpv (can't figure the brand acronym) and you're making those numbers?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Sorry I'm new to the platform so I'm trying to grasp everything.

But from what I'm gathering you have the dp, Axel back and bpv (can't figure the brand acronym) and you're making those numbers?

these things love to make torque. just an OTS stage 1 93oct tune on all stock parts gets you around 25% increase over stock

Couple pics with it installed. Best I could do with car on jack stands. Turns out it bolted up fine to the AVO exhaust with the supplied hardware. No noticeable difference in sound at idle. Haven't opened it up yet because it isn't tuned so no comment there yet. I suspect the shop took it for a joy ride because stuff had slid around in the trunk. [emoji35] Hopefully no harm was done.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/08/053f991844c3e9a181d1454e1bb3ffdd.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/08/87ddcd33dd55ecadfd1cef0ad21cd92c.jpg